Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dry fired my by accident. I posted about this in another thread but the G2 guys to chime in..

Here was my post.
I loaded the mag with snap caps. Forgot to cycle it. Pulled the trigger all the way back and it would just sit there sometimes before it would fire. Once I realized I did not cycle the snap cap in I did that and it worked fine. I has never done that while shooting live ammo and I never dry fired it till last night. So not sure if the gun is designed to do this or if its a design flaw.

Any feed back would be apprecited.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
My G2 in 40 will dry fire but I do not routinely do it. I am not sure why yours doesn't. Maybe someone else can chime in and provide you with an answer.

·
Registered
23 Posts
My new G2 would do that as well. But mine would do it randomly while firing as well as with a dry fire. If I did a slow aimed trigger squeeze I could squeeze it all the way back and it would not fire. Not sure if this is the same as what you experience but I sent mine back to Taurus and they repaired it and gave me the explanation that the trigger bar was bent. This repair did fix mine and does not have the issue anymore. So if you notice anything further outside of this one incident you may want to consider having it looked over by Taurus. My return and repair was painless and quick. Very happy with the customer service. GL hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts