Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after about 3 separate range trips and 225rds later, the polymer guide rod is not straight. plus when I try to remove the slide, the rod usually falls out. is there a way to disassemble it? also will Taurus send me a new 1 without me having to send the whole gun in? I have to wait till Monday to call

·
Registered
8,801 Posts
Not familiar with spring on the G2, but if it's a duplex or single spring assembly I doubt you can reassemble if you disassemble.

I believe Taurus will send you one free of charge under warranty depending on when you bought it new (within 1-yr) - they did for me on sights I lost off my PT24/7CA at range (long story). I know you can buy one as I recently bought spare recoil springs for all my Tauri (each under $10 + shipping). If I were desperate, I might try using a heat gun on it to see if could straighten, but would still order a spare for fear heating weakened integrity of polymer.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Welcome from Texas! I also think Taurus will replace the guide rod free of charge if you just bought the gun NIB within 1 year like Wino said above.

·
Registered
8,801 Posts
Why within the last year?
Good point. Shouldn't make a difference for the part itself, but believe after one year you have to pay freight (IF they will send / sell you the part). The year figure also once applied to Taurus picking up freight cost to/from for warranty repairs. Rumors here that that was reduced to 6 months and then to 3 months. But when you call tomorrow you should get the latest on this straight from CS - so let us know what you learn. While the warranty is "forever", the cost to return the gun to Taurus (12-6-3 months ??) to replace a recoil spring, mag release assembly, etc is fairly costly, and I believe that is Taurus choice to make - send part or you return gun at your cost (after some non-specific time period) for warranty repair. I've had two new guns returned for warranty repair - 1st. Taurus did not offer to pay freight; 2nd. they refused to pay freight - both pistols were less than 90 days old for me, NIB and registered with Taurus the day bought. My point being, after my own experience and reading others here, Taurus is rather inconsistent with what their warranty policies are at any given time or by whichever CS rep you talk to.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i called today and told them the problem.they told me send in the rod an they'll replace it. shipping falls on me.so I guess ill be sending it today or tomarrow..will post results

·
Registered
8,801 Posts
I presume you mean paying shipping to return spring, but they will ship the new spring no charge and prepaid freight?? That's what they did to me when the initial thought was a mag problem on my PT140 - I paid to return both and they sent two no charge (turned out to be a bad mag release assembly).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so via fedex it has been delivered.at about 9:30 this morning. but when I check the repair status on taurususa.com...theres nothing..any input??

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well I called Tuesday or wensday morning n she told me it doesn't show up b/c its a replacement not a repair.if you send the firearm in is the way it shows up

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
then I asked if my part showed up.she checke and said it did.then put in the order to ship the new spring.she said 7 to 10 business day. showed up in 2 to 4. cool .....but is the wrong spring..too short and its Saturday..i hope they don't tell me I have to pay again for there mistake ugh

·
Registered
34 Posts
They sent me the wrong slide caps for my pt-145, I called and they sent the right ones and never asked or told me to send the wrong ones back.

·
Registered
8,801 Posts
I feel your frustration. I've had 3-4 orders with Taurus for parts. All but one had parts errors. Then one replacement order for an error, had another error. I believe now I'm into my third or so month waiting on a front sight for PT24/7CA that's backordered. I don't know if the errors are made in CS or in warehouse, or combination of the two. I just grin and bear it these days - do what I have to do to get it right - and as much as I'd like to strangle someone, maintain a level head when talking with CS to correct problem - then go berserk after getting off the phone. LOL

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
They were so quick with the new 'wrong' spring....I was so ready to think they had the best cs...they're still good tho

·
Registered
24,854 Posts
Welcome to TA from Minnesota. Hope you get the correct part soon.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts