Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
looking to buy a 24/7 g2 45 auto compact as my ccw.. anyone have any experience with this model. Taurus International Manufacturing Inc. i am torn between this or the PT 145 millinium pro.
Hello and welcome.

I don't own a 24/7 but have read nothing but good things about it. I would like to have one myself.

You also can't go wrong with a PT145. It's what I carry. In fact I have two of them.

But it is out of production and will become harder and harder to find so keep that in mind.

Reactions: Taurus10

·
Super Moderator
20,208 Posts
Good replies thus far. I, too, have a PT145 as well as a PT140; don't own any of the 24/7 models but have heard nothing but good about them around here. You might want to check out our model specific sections of the forum:

24/7 Series

and

Millennium (Pro) Pistols

You should be inundated with info about the differences in the models.

And, welcome aboard!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i actually got to hold a 24/7 g2 compact today even though it was a 40. it felt great in my hand and i think it was love as first grip. he had just sold both of the g2 compacts in 45 and all he had was the 40 and the 9mm. i asked about the 45 and he doesn't know when he will be getting another in. i may have to settle for the 40.. he is asking $475 for all of the g2 compacts. is that a decent price? for a small shop i think he had more guns that the bigger stores in town..

I have the G2 in the .40 and it's been a great gun. Very concealable as well.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I own the PT-140 and like it so much have put a 24/7 .45 on lay away! I always wanted a .45 but don't care for the 1911 style (oh, they are beautiful guns...just don't like to shoot them) and I think the 24/7 compact is what I want. It feels the same size as my PT-140.

.....................Twin

·
Registered
8 Posts
i actually got to hold a 24/7 g2 compact today even though it was a 40. it felt great in my hand and i think it was love as first grip. he had just sold both of the g2 compacts in 45 and all he had was the 40 and the 9mm. i asked about the 45 and he doesn't know when he will be getting another in. i may have to settle for the 40.. he is asking $475 for all of the g2 compacts. is that a decent price? for a small shop i think he had more guns that the bigger stores in town..
Hello from Illinois!!! I just bought my 24/7 G2C .40 a couple weeks ago here at a local sporting goods store for $389. Only store in town that had them so I couldnt compare the prices. They had the standard G2 for $399

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just be careful as I was just told by Taurus that the 24/7 G2 45acp 10 rd mag is no longer made and has been discontinued.
WTF! are you serious? mine is defective and it's brand spankin new! i called wednesday and i have to send it in and they will ship me a new one when they come off backorder. what are they giving if it's not the 10 round mag?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Taurus told me that as of right now they are on backorder and there is no idea of a release date. Then I asked to speak to someone in mgt and then thats when I was told they are discontinued but they would be more than willing to allow me to keep my order held on backorder if I so pleased

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Whichever one you can find.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.