Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I only have about 200 rounds through this new baby, and maybe that is the problem. But in both mag.s that came with it about 50% of the time somewhere around round 5 or 6 I fail to return to battery completely. I can pull the slide back a bit and let it slam shut and good to go, almost like weak return spring but the gun is not even broke in. I am wondering is anyone else is seeing this or if I am just anxious and haven't got it broke in yet. Cant say I am partial to the new trigger safety system. If I wanted a Glock I would have bought one. do like the Glock like take down though. Oh well.

·
Premium Member
15,932 Posts
Our first question is usually, Did you clean it fully before shooting? The stuff you see on a new gun, is preservative, not lube. So a complete cleaning, and including the firing pin channel, and extractor area, then relube with proper oil or grease is necessary.

Sounds like it might be dry in the slide area, or gummed up from your discription?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Robby, sounds like good advise. I was having some problems with my 24/7, I took the mags apart, cleaned them and lubed with silicone spray. Feed problems solved.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had cleaned the gun well but just now did the mag.s. I will see if that helps, seems to be both magazines though, I just did another thorough cleaning of the weapon and mag.s so I will try it again. today was the third trip to the range and I ran about 150 through it and it didnt feed properly about 1 in 3 magazines.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No I got it in November last year. Only a year though, thought warranty was limited lifetime? Still only about 90 days though.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Shipping is really no "biggie", though.

For less than $12.00, UPS shipped my TCP back to Taurus.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts