Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I was wondering has anyone tried Weapon Shield grease or oil before? I have a new 24/7 G2 9mm and I am looking for a great lube to use.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hoppe's #9 gun oil is what I use ..

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Welcome to TaurusArmed!
When you get a chance, go check out the New Members section and browse the stickies and guidelines.

I use WeaponShield oil on my PT24/7 Pro DS .40.
A little bit goes a long way. Makes my post-range cleanup easy.

Just about any quality lube you chose will do, as long as you use it.
Everyone has their favorites. Some swear by Mobile1 Synthetic. A lifetime supply in a quart.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
I have not used any grease on any of my slides before. I am a big fan of Remoil and knock on wood I have never had any issues with my PT99 or 24/7 G2.

·
Registered
9,166 Posts
Haven't tried that one specifically, but i picked up some Tetra Grease the other day and decided to test how it holds up on my P-64. I don't shoot it much, so in a way it's mostly to have something that lasts longer than RemOil on the slide rails.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone.. I am using Hoppe's Elite Gun oil and it's great so far. I belive i will stick with that for now.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I use ordinary multi purpose automotive grease on the slide rails and left over gear oils and oil additives on the rest. Used it on my 590, 92fs, model 85 and 1911 for many years before i sold them now the 845 with no problems.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts