Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi. just ordered a taurus 24/7 g2 9mm full size. would like opinions and info on this gun. other then my 38sp, this will be my first handgun. thanks all for taking the time to answer. :)

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
I have the G2 in 40S&W. It has been very reliable for me. Just e sure to clean it really good before taking it to the range. I also manually worked the slide approx 300 times before going to the range. The trigger may be a little rough or grainy at first, just be patient and continue to shoot it. Mine really smoothed out at around 500 rounds at with over 1500 rounds through it now, it is like butter with a very crisp reset.

·
Premium Member
5,350 Posts
Have the 24/7 G2 in 9mm, and absolutely no problems after 150 rds.
Just make sure you CLEAN IT good before shooting it.
Great shooting, have fun.

P.S. Clean the mags also, then load them and let them sit for
a week.;)

Reactions: carlstaurus

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
I have the G2 in .45 ACP and it's a real dandy!

It is very accurate and hums like a sewing machine. ;)

I'm sure you will be very pleased with your new 9mm G2.

Attachments

Reactions: carlstaurus

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
I have the G2 in .45 ACP and it's a real dandy!

It is very accurate and hums like a sewing machine. ;)

I'm sure you will be very pleased with your new 9mm G2.
Hey Harry!

Do you have a holster for that? I'm thinking of eventually putting a Stingray2 laser on my PT145 but I can't find much out there as far as holsters that will allow even something that small to fit along with the weapon itself.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Hey Harry!

Do you have a holster for that? I'm thinking of eventually putting a Stingray2 laser on my PT145 but I can't find much out there as far as holsters that will allow even something that small to fit along with the weapon itself.
No, I haven't really looked for a holster, as this particular handgun is my upstairs home security "system". ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
how far do you all recommend cleaning...just the basic field strip and clean or take apart firing pin or just shoot a cleaner into the F/P channel? Looking for some insight on the firing pin cleaning for a new 24/7 g2 9mm.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
how far do you all recommend cleaning...just the basic field strip and clean or take apart firing pin or just shoot a cleaner into the F/P channel? Looking for some insight on the firing pin cleaning for a new 24/7 g2 9mm.
Welcome to the forum! Removing the striker on the G2 is much easier than removing the ones on the G1 & the MilPro so I suggest you remove it often to clean it and the firing channel. You can use Gun Scrubber Synthetic Safe in between.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts