Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening everyone,

I'm new to the site as some of you know and with my first post i explained what was going on with my 24/7 pro ds 9mm. Well it would seem I am in luck, i called Taurus yet again this morning and BAM! someone actually answered and informed me what was going on and why it has been almost 3 months and why i haven't heard anything. Well they couldn't get any parts for the gun and I'm guessing they don't make the Pro DS anymore so they are sending me a new 24/7 G2 9mm. I pray that i have no problems with this new gun and i will deffinetly be posting a picture when i get it. Cant wait, been having really bad withdrawals :/.

What's is your opinions on the G?

Thank you,

Kevin Nass

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Alright Kevin!

Sounds like a nice gesture on their part. ;)

I don't have a G2 24/7, but some of our friends who do will be around to offer their experiences and insights with you shortly.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you MilProGuy, and also while its fresh on my mind i have a mag for my pro ds, does anyone know if this mag can be used in the G2? Thank you.

Kevin Nass

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
That is a great story, I have the 24/7 G2 in 40 and am really starting to like it a lot. Not quite to my PT99 status but it is gaining ground. Just clean it really good before taking her out on its maiden trip.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I've got a 9mm G2 and love it! Easy to shoot, feels good in your hands, accurate right from the box. Unfortunately, I believe the G2 mags are different from the 24/7 Pro mags but you could always try it out (carefully of course).

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
CONGRATS!! There is a sticky at the top of this forum that explains mag compatibility, but you can probably sell your old extras easy enough. I have the G2C-45, but from all that I've heard, they are all pretty much the same mechanically except for caliber. That said, you should have a fine pistol there. Give it a VERY THOROUGH cleaning, then clean it again, and spend some quality time with snap caps. The trigger will take some time to smooth out, but your patience will be rewarded. :D Not a lot of accessories available yet, but this model looks to be around for a while.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts