Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll try to explain this.My pistol will not stay in the single action mode. The striker if it does stay back will go forward with a shake of the gun or sometimes it'll simply go forward on its own. Im hoping not to send it back to taurus. Can anyone tell me whats up with it and if im better of sending it back.

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
It sounds like your trigger bar block (6.11) is not functioning correctly. This could be for a number of reasons. A bent trigger bar, trigger bar block spring degraded or channel clogged, etc.

Can you take some video?

Preferably take the slide off. Video from the top / down. Pull the trigger. When the trigger reaches the rear the trigger bar should reach its apex and the trigger bar block should move toward the center. Release the trigger and the trigger bar and trigger bar block should lock up when it moves forward.

Reactions: silverstring

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can't figure out how to post video. If someone would pm me i'll send it to you.

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
To post video uplink it to a host site. Get the URL. Then select the video strip icon in the post window and paste the URL in. You can also just type word "video" in brackets on the front and "/video" in brackets at the end of the URL.

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
I PM'd you as well just in case.

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
Any luck with the video? Did you decide to send it in?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks ISSMER. Its hard being electronically challenged. If you need a video at a different angle . It'll stay in s/a mode as long as the slide is off. I just recently trade this gun up. It was really dirty when i got it.

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
It looks like your trigger bar block is functioning correctly.

When you pull back the slide, hold down the trigger, then release the slide. This will place it in SA. The trigger should remain in the reset position. Then you can pull the trigger and it will fire and return to DA. You must repeat the same steps to put it in SA mode again.

When you fire live rounds this same thing is occuring. It is not apparent because the action is so fast that you don't notice it.

Also confirm that once in SA you can use the decocker to transition from SA to DA.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you pull back the trigger and rack the slide sometimes it'll stay in s/a until the trigger is touched not pulled. When shooting its all dao. The striker never stays back.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm not sure if tapping the trigger a few times causes it to return to DA is a malfunction but mine does that. I can rack the slide and pull the trigger back and it sets to SA every time and the de cocker works but I can lightly tap the trigger with my finger a few times and it will pop out of SA. I'll throw up a video.
The one pull toward the end I released it using the de cocker.

VERDICT?

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
Gofasterrrr,

Your is working nominally. When you set it to SA and then pull the trigger you will notice that the slide will move slightly toward the rear because the firing pin assembly (and therefore slide) are being pulled to the rear by the trigger bar / sear. If the slide moves far enough to the rear the raised metal ramp will engage the trigger bar block and eventually cause it to trip.

I thought the OP was saying it did not engage most of the time and if it did the slightest touch or frame shake causes it to disengage.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Okay. Thanks for explaining it. Im a rookie to this weapon. If I can I'd like to send you a pm about something else but I don't want to hijack this threadFrom reading what he was talking about I thought it kinda fell into the same category

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
Okay. Thanks for explaining it. Im a rookie to this weapon. If I can I'd like to send you a pm about something else but I don't want to hijack this threadFrom reading what he was talking about I thought it kinda fell into the same category
Feel free to PM me.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Gofasterrrr,

Your is working nominally. When you set it to SA and then pull the trigger you will notice that the slide will move slightly toward the rear because the firing pin assembly (and therefore slide) are being pulled to the rear by the trigger bar / sear. If the slide moves far enough to the rear the raised metal ramp will engage the trigger bar block and eventually cause it to trip.

I thought the OP was saying it did not engage most of the time and if it did the slightest touch or frame shake causes it to disengage.
I was

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
223fan,

Something is tripping your trigger bar block. Try putting it it in SA with the slide off. Then slowly put the slide on and see how far it goes on before it trips. This may tell us something.

I am starting to suspect that there is a bur or to much material on the raised ramp that is in the middle of the slide.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have to work this morning when i get home ill give it a try. Sorry for the slow response. Ive been pretty busy .

1 - 20 of 35 Posts