Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll start off my first post by saying "Hello". I just ordered my 24/7 G2 45 on Friday and am impatiently waiting on delivery. This will be my first handgun, and I would like to know if someone would be able to write up, or direct me to a write up of how to fully tear down this gun. I want to be sure that I am able to get all the factory "goop" out of every nook and cranny to give it a proper cleaning apon arival. I saw that gtlegacy had done a pretty detailed write up for the 24/7 pro 9. I was thinking that something like that would be extremely helpful for any other DIY noobs like me.

·
Registered
222 Posts
The thing I find the most useful in learning to break down a firearm is youtube.com

Do a search on there using different search parameters and you'll start to find the vidoes you're looking for.
For instance I just found this video on removing the firing pin on the 24/7 G2

Also search on this site for a complete break down on the G1 and G2 24/7s. I'd be surprised if someone hasn't posted one of those or something very close. And it should give you a rough idea on the layout of the G2 and how it fits together.

Someone who has a G2 can probably inject their knowledge as well. I only have a G1 so not as much help.

Welcome aboard.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Welcome to TaurusArmed.net, the friendliest handgun forum around!

Whether you’ve joined us to learn more about your particular Taurus handgun, or you just enjoy sitting down with a group of friendly, like-minded individuals and talking about anything to do with handguns, you have certainly come to the right place.

Reactions: bre346

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
I also have the 24/7 G2 in 40 S&W. I have not done a complete strip down but after getting it, I simply used an old toothbrush and liberal amounts of Hoppes to clean it. I also worked the cocked indicator spring by hand while holding the slide (barrel end down) with the cleaner pooled around the spring, this allowed the cleaner to wash around the firing pin. Once everything looked clean, a good oiling was performed and the excess wiped off. I have not had any issues with mine after doing this.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I had an issue with the slide cap on the maiden voyage to the range with my G2. After a couple of rounds the cap would slip down out of position and interfere with the cocked indicator/striker. Taurus customer service is sending me a new slide cap to try before going deeper into the issue. I appreciated the video and tried to make sure the firing pin sleeve was fully seated in the well on the inside surface of the slide cap. I'll take it to the range in a day or so and see if that fixes the problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've been looking for a guide myself since I went exploring inside mine. I can give you one tip:

When you lift the safety out, don't move it! There is a ball bearing held against the left side of the safety by a spring, and it will shoot that thing clear across the room if you're not careful lol. It's a pain to get back in too. I'm gonna try to lift the trigger again soon, if I get it I'll see about maybe making a vid if nobody else is gonna get around to it. Don't hold your breath though.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Just wanted to update the issue with the slide cap I was having. I should mention that I got this gun from gunbroker as a dealer demo and I suspect that someone may have been monkying around with the slide cap as it had marks on it from a screwdriver prying on it. Anyway, Taurus customer service was great! They sent me a new slide cap and when FedEx delivered the envelope it had a big hole that had been taped up and no slide cap. Another call to Taurus customer service and they sent me another one right away. The new cap snapped in nice and snug and even though I only got a couple mags through it I had no problems. Issue solved! ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts