Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I went and picked up some hallow points ( hornady zombie Max) started loading my clip and noticed I used 18 bullets checked and rechecked its takeong 18 surely this can't be safe right? Any imputed would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
99 Posts
What Caliber? Sure its the right ammo. I know that its obvious but I have seen it happen.. Maybe the mag is missing somthing internally.. Might take apart and compare to another one..

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I'm sure I truer two different 9mm rounds although my brother pointed out to me its alot harder then norm to put the last one in so I hope I didn't. Cause it damages over loading it once . I have never taken.a may apart yet hmm maybe ill try that so lazy after work I.didn't even check the other clip

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
On my 24/7 G2 40, getting the last (15) round in my clips were very difficult when it was new. I had to use the loader in order to do it. After I got it loaded I let it set this way for a few days and now I can load all 15 by hand. If you can't get the 19th round in, try letting it set with 18 in it for a few days and then unload and reload it again. Maybe this will loosen the springs up enough to let you load all 19.

·
Administrator
18,039 Posts
So today I went and picked up some hallow points ( hornady zombie Max) started loading my clip and noticed I used 18 bullets checked and rechecked its takeong 18 surely this can't be safe right? Any imputed would be greatly appreciated
There is some extra space in some Magazines so that when you seat them into the Pistol with the Slide closed, there is some give on the top round so as to allow the Magazine to seat easier. This makes reloading easier during a Tactical Reload, as the Pistol will still have a round in the Chamber and a few rounds left in the Magazine, but not enough for the next Shooting String or Engagement.

It is considered poor Tactics to engage a set of Targets or Felons/Engagement with only partially loaded Magazine if you have a Spare, as Reloading/Magazine Changing during an engagement gives the opposition a chance to shoot you.

Reactions: rifleshooter

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yea the 9MM should be 17 max in the mag. I would think that loading 18 would not be a good idea. It may weaken the spring over time and cause it to be inop much earlier than normal use. Even though there is space available and you can force in the 18th round there is no reason to push it beyond its intended use.

Reactions: bre346

·
Banned
5,006 Posts
I'm going with jwc's version on this deal. It squares perfectly with my experience.

·
Registered
227 Posts
If it holds 18 then ya u are fine but if it was not designed to hold 18 then no as mentioned before they are only designed to hold a certian number of bullets and thats what they mean not well I can fit 10 in a 6 shot mag NOT cool

1 - 11 of 11 Posts