Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im gonna be buying my gun thursday but Im curious what you guys would recommend for use in IDPA style comps. I was thinking the 24/7 OSS 9mm (due to barrel length) but Im curios if the G2 4.2 might be better? Give me thoughts cuz the more Im reading the more Im second guessing my original thoughts.

·
Registered
9,171 Posts
For competition shooting, the longer the barrel the better IMO. Those new XD 5.25's have my interest personally, even though I'm not a fan of polymer pistols.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I looked at the XDs but Ive always liked the OSS and Ive kinda always liked the underdogs so to speak. Not to mention I cant beat the price even if I have to have alil trigger work done.

·
Registered
29,918 Posts
Either will work for IDPA type shooting.

Their trigger pulls are about the same.

My choice would depend on which one fit my hand the best.

Better fit means better control and better accuracy.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
I used my OSS .40S&W for a tactical class that included a bit of competition at the end...we took "Top Shot". The accuracy is well within requirements for competition - here's a thread about my .45ACP...http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/24-7-series/56507-new-45-oss-made-range-today-wow-w-pics.html

As far as the trigger goes, there's a lot of take up(a requirement of "second shot" capability), but the reset is very short. I'm NOT a competitive shooter, but if you use that reset, I think the trigger's nice. My .02...

I can say if I ever compete, it would be a tough decision between my PT1911's and OSS.

·
Registered
36,452 Posts
ahh, have handled a couple of the new Xd' , they are ok but don't feel as good to me as the 24/7 OSS does!
Now that S&W MP is a sweetheart in my opinion as well, but you ain't gonna get one at Taurus prices!
My OSS (45 acp) is about average in accuracy with my 1911's, not as accurate as the most accurate 1911 but as accurate as most of them.
I would think the OSS in 9MM would have quite good follow up abilities as My 45 isn't bad at all, the trigger once you get use to it i think you will learn to really appreciate.
you gotta use that super short reset to really like it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts