Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my new g2 has a "flaw" if you will on the stainless feed ramp. Purely cosmetic I think does anyone know any good cleaners or polish to try and remove it?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Can you feel it with your finger nail?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's like a really Bad fingerprint. That wont rub off when i take a picture it looks like a scratch, unfortunately I'm on my phone and can not.figure out how to post the picture

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
It's like a really Bad fingerprint. That wont rub off when i take a picture it looks like a scratch, unfortunately I'm on my phone and can not.figure out how to post the picture
When you reply to the thread, don't use the Quick Reply box, click the Go Advanced button and you can attach the pics using the Attachment button.

·
Registered
3,969 Posts
I use steel wool or Mother's Mag Polish.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When I use advanced still doesn't work, I can kinda feel it with my nail bit it has like no lip its not part of the medal I think and I've noticed in another spot of the lower corner it almost looks scorched

·
Registered
191 Posts
Have you got anyway to look at it under magnification to see if it is a surface defect or whether it might be something in the metal structure? If it looks like it even might be in the metal structure, I'd call customer service and tell them about the flaws. They'll probably have you send the barrel in and you can have a gun smith look it over and make the determination.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Mother's mag polish, a felt buffing wheel, a Dremel tool, a deft hand, and 3 minutes of your life.
I was going to recommend jewelers rouge, but most people have mothers sitting in the garage. I use jewelers rouge any time I have slight damage or scratches to the chrome on my motorcycle. Great idea on the Mother's though!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts