Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have one of these? Bud's has the item # listed, but no image....and they could not confirm what the listed gun looks like. Gallery of Guns has it listed, and they show inventory available. I'm specifically interested in knowing if .40 S&W really come with the polymer grips like the 24/7 .45.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
From what I gather all the 24/7 duotone calibers have the polymer grip like the .45 ACP 24/7.(But that's just according to pics) I did not expect these to be out so soon. Say good bye to my .40 24/7 and hello to a new duotone one. :)

I'll call Taurus tomorrow to ask about the grip.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Only the .45 ACP has the polymer grip. The 9mm and .40 still have the ribber overlay according to Taurus CS and Gallery of Guns.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
NYPD in AZ said:
Only the .45 ACP has the polymer grip. The 9mm and .40 still have the ribber overlay according to Taurus CS and Gallery of Guns.
i am very disappointed by this development....and another taurus web site error....the pictured gun has polymer grips, and it's a .40 S&W.

thanks for the feedback nypd.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
NYPD in AZ said:
UPDATE.....

yesterday I spoke to Taurus CS and was told by Maria that all Duotone models (9, .40, and .45) had the polymer grips---no ribber.

i then called davidson's (gallery of guns) and spoke to kurt. i asked him to go into whse and visually check the .40 for the grip type. i have since spoken to him, and he's confirming the grips match the images on their web site. that would mean polymer grips---though he refered to it as "ribber" because he was not aware of taurus' trademark verbage for the grips on 24/7 pistols. when i pressed him for clarification, he insisted the grips matched the images on the g of g web site.

i'm not sure if any of this is accurate...based on personal experience, i have my doubts until i personally inspect a sample.

i'm interested in .40 with polymer grips. please post if you actually put your hands on one, and can confirm this story.

thanks!

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
I really don't know what to believe anymore. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
My local dealer can get me a .40 cal duotone for $339+tax. I'm gonna trade my stainless .40 in for it.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I would do it. Think I will see if I can work out the same deal around here too. Doubt it though, maybe at the gun show in a couple of weeks.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts