Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was talking with a couple of guys at the range yesterday. I know, I know, most of what you hear is at the range is probably bs. But here it goes. One of them said Taurus is coming out with a 24/7 compact. Have any of you heard of this "New Pistol"? Wouldn't that just be one of the Millennium series pistols?

·
Registered
356 Posts
I think it's true. If you look on the Taurus web site, there are a number of 24/7s (without pictures) which describe shorter frames. May be a while before we see them, but I'm confident they are coming.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your response. I guess then my only question would be, what's the difference between them and the Millennium's? My cc gun is a 24/7 and it is great in the winter. I think a little too big for summer. That's why I'm looking at the 745 or the 145. The only problem I could see on a compact 24/7 would be the ribber grip. It might catch on lighter, thinner summer clothes. Not a problem in the winter under heavy jackets, but all I wear in summer is a t-shirt.

All that said...I still want one. ;D Maybe two ;D ;D

·
Registered
80 Posts
They will be larger than the Mill Pro's. The capacities and therefore the grips are aligned to the 24/7 Pro. Therefore the 45 will have the same grip as the 24/7 pro larger than the 745 by a large bit but capable of 12 rounds. However, there is no ribber grip on the 45.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I guess I'm not getting the concept of the 24/7 compacts.
I carry IWB , so the hardest part to conceal is the grip. Not the slide.
I guess I would rather see a .45 like the XD .45 compacts. Shorter grip with 4 inch slide.
And you could also have the extended mags.

·
Registered
34 Posts
My memory may be failing me, but I'm pretty sure I've seen one, offered by Garbado (sp???) firearms at a gunshow in Tucson. The accessory rail on the forend only had one crosscut rather than two due to the shorter length.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I was under the impression that the Compact has a shorter grip along with the shorter barrel, used a 10rd mag or a 12rd mag with a grip spacer like the XD has?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Whirlwind06 said:
I guess I'm not getting the concept of the 24/7 compacts.
I carry IWB , so the hardest part to conceal is the grip. Not the slide.
I guess I would rather see a .45 like the XD .45 compacts. Shorter grip with 4 inch slide.
And you could also have the extended mags. hi
hi, i have the 24/7 40 compact 200rds through it very nice gun, the grip on it is the same size of my pt145, it comes with a 11rd mag and a 15rd mag with a spacer it is a compact gun.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Cool, Taurus's web site doen't really give that info.
According to the web site they were the same height, at least the .45 and .45 compact.
So guess I could buy a 10 round compact .45 mag and chop my grip on my 24/7 full size.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts