Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer has both in stock, the 24/7 compact is $399 and the Millenium is $329. Both are 40 s&w, what am I gaining for the extra $70.00 besides a higher cap 2nd mag?

·
Registered
846 Posts
one is more a CCW 24/7 is bigger and I LOVE it, the Mill is smaller easy for a CCW, and mine is good so far even though the bad type, thats my 2 cents. Both mine are the .40

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Both are nearly identical mechanically. I prefer the ribber grip on the 24/7. Some hate it and some love it. I have both a PT145 Mil Pro and a 24/7 service size in .40-- Either one would serve you well; just a matter of which feels more comfortable in your hand.

·
Registered
663 Posts

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Not that I have seen for the 24/7 compact. I believe that's why Taurus gives you a flush fitting magazine and an extended hi-cap magazine.

The Mil Pro does have some extenders. I believe Pearce only offers it for the PT111. It says it won't even fit the Millenium Pro so it's basically useless unless you have an older PT111.

http://www.pearcegrip.com/pt111_p11.htm

·
Registered
663 Posts
NYPD in AZ said:
The Mil Pro does have some extenders. I believe Pearce only offers it for the PT111.
Actually I didn't realize what a compact really is. That is, it has a snubby barrel instead of a snubby grip. I've never had that much problem concealing a barrel. It's the butt sticking out there that is most difficult. Altho not as difficult as it would seem judging from the TV show Criminal Minds and the flagpole carry the youngest team member uses. Good grief! Do they not have advisors on the set?

Thanks a million.

JimL

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Some prefer the extensions for range time not necessarily carry. Springfield Armory and a host of other manufacturers are starting to shorten the grip frame and leave the barrel either 4 or 5 inches in length. I prefer this,since, as you stated, it's simple to conceal a larger barrel but much more difficult to avoid that "print" from the grip.

http://springfield-armory.com/xd.php?model=23

·
Registered
878 Posts
The Mil-Pro is a good concealment piece, but it doesn't give a lot of pinky room. I either put my pinky underneath or just on the edge of the grip. A Hogue handall helps a lot.
I agree about the grip being the most dificult to conceal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts