Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Hate to beat this to death, but if you can put your hands on the actual holster(s), look at stuff cut for the Glock 19. I don't wear IWB often (and then only a generic Uncle Mike's that fits all my autos), but I have an increasing collection of holsters for my 9mm 24/7 Pro C that were originally intended for the 19. Typically a little extra barrel length, but not an issue. Hopefully the molds start going around and gun-specific holsters start appearing for the 24/7 line. Also, I have found some interchangeability with holsters designed for the Ruger P90 series.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey, new guy here, first post. I just ordered 2 of the 24/7 Pro compact 9mm's. I found this holster that is very similar to the one I use for my XD. I just got off the phone with them and the guy says he makes this holster for the 24/7 compact and said it would be about a 2 week turn around. I'll probably order one in a week or two. (No affiliation with the store.)

Bob

·
Registered
250 Posts
Good info, Bob. Keep us posted on how well these are made (fit & finish) and the actual turnaround time if you order one. I'd be curious to know.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I won a light duty IWB on ebay from theholsterstore for my 24/7 Pro C 9mm. It is already built and should be here in a couple of days as they are a mere few hours from me. I will let you know what I think when I get it.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
I just got 2 from the holster store. Both are IWB HD open tops in black. 1 for the 24/7 the other for the P11.

·
Registered
9 Posts
paulrabe78 said:
I just got 2 from the holster store. Both are IWB HD open tops in black. 1 for the 24/7 the other for the P11.
What's your initial impression on the quality of the holster? How about the fit? Thanks.

Bob

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Bobcape said:
What's your initial impression on the quality of the holster? How about the fit? Thanks.

Bob
Should have posted that I bought them Monday. They are in the mail now so I haven't received them yet. I will repost after I get them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Found one ...

I took my 24/7 Pro C to the gun shops in my area and tried it in all the available holsters the other day. I found this Galco Gun Leather holster, model SUM248, for a Sig P226. The fit was very tight but the style and construction was very good. So I bought it and used a method another holster maker had recommended. I wet the inside of the holster with barely warm water. Then I put the 24/7 into a gallon freezer zip-lock bag, should be a freezer bag for the thickness. I then seated the bagged 24/7 all the way into the holster and left it, away from any heat source, overnight. The next day I pulled it out and it fit perfectly! I stuffed the holster with paper towels the next day and it is now completely dry and works great. The holster is about 3/4" too long, but it's an inside the waistband holster anyway so it doesn't bother me. I may take it to a shoe repair shop and have them chop off the excess and tie off the stitches. Either way it fits great and works well.
I see that they do make one specifically for the 24/7 . I got mine half off for less than $40 with tax. I really like this holster.

Bob

·
Registered
250 Posts
Thanks for the update, Bob. Can never have too much information about holster possibilities & options.

A lotta' guys have had similar success with that leather stretching tip. There are special solvents/fluids designed for this purpose, too, and actually work better than water.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I got mine and it was labelled for the HK USP Compact. It is a tight fit for the 24/7 Pro C but like Bob, I soaked it and molded around my gun that was in a freezer bag. Seems to have stretched it out a bit and the 24/7 fits a lot better.

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
we should have a topic(link)just called holsters.then we can ask? see pictures and so no.where is that big shot smokewagon at?

·
Premium Member
15,932 Posts
There are over 12 pages of threads where holsters are discussed. In almost every type of gun, and concealed carry section. Take a look or do a search and have fun

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Bobcape said:

Bob
Okay so I got the holsters now. They look good and seem to be high quality. They fit the guns very tightly now. I think they will loosen up a bit over time.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Galco holster ...

I got my Galco holster fitted pretty well. It's very comfortable and secure. I practiced the "Draw, Fire 2, Scan and Re-holster" drill on Sunday. The holster stays open really well, even with my extra baggage on the sides. I can hit the re-holster without taking my eyes off of the down range very easily now. This holster rides in a very similar position to my XD IWB holster, so it's easy to transistion to this setup. I wore the 24/7 about 9 hours on both Saturday and Sunday without any discomfort. I took some pictures of the holster below. The black line around the bottom of the holster is the amount I may have trimmed off by a leathersmith. This holster was made for a Sig P226, see my earlier post.

Bob

ETA - I guess I don't know how to add images. I'll try later.

·
Registered
66 Posts
barryrod said:
I won a light duty IWB on ebay from theholsterstore for my 24/7 Pro C 9mm. It is already built and should be here in a couple of days as they are a mere few hours from me. I will let you know what I think when I get it.
Technically, you don't win auctions on ebay. You just agree to pay more than anyone else would for the product. :) But I do hope you like the holster you bought and would love to hear how it works out.

I can't figure out why holster makers pretend these popular guns don't exist. It's like leaving a lot of money on the table.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts