Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my 24/7 pro DS to my range today. I worked a little on my stance and trigger pull.
loading 5 up at a time I had a nice little group just a little low and left with a few in the bullseye. My rapid fires were not that accurate but.

Btw this was at 17-20 yrds

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh and those off the paper, were not from today lol. everything i shot at least hit the paper

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Well, I'd hate to be a BG with that kind of shooting!!! Keep up the good work....

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks, however it isnt that great of shooting. But not bad considering i've only been shooting hand guns for 6 months, and semi autos for 4 months.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Not bad, all of the hit center of mass, that is good enough to stop the bad guy. Keep practicing and they will tighten up.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
There's nothing wrong with those groups. 20 yards is a pretty good distance with iron sighted handguns. Just a suggestion, if you want to practice double taps and speed drills, most of what I have read and tried recommends short distances for this and gradually increasing distance. Keep practicing; I think you're making great progress. Also, accuracy isn't always a measure of how many bulleyes; I tend to care more about group size.

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
Good shootin' lp!! Especially for the short time with handguns. All you have to do for SD is be effective, and that looks dang effective to me.;) Something I find useful, is to use the silhouette targets and shoot 'around the world' ie try to practice quick acquisition and shoot around the target at the ring numbers, instead of just the bull's eye. That also helps extend the 'life' of the target, and of course, you can check that your zombie head shots are effective. :D Since you're in TX, I presume you have or soon will take the CHL test. You can practice that on the silhouette target too.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have my CHL done already and am currently waiting for my license to be mailed to me.

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
i have my chl done already and am currently waiting for my license to be mailed to me.
OUTSTANDING!! :clap:

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Looks like some mighty fine shootin' to me!:happy:

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
going to go back tomorrow and shoot some at self defense ranges.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Looks good to me. Would still be a big-time hurt on some BG. Oh, and if you turn it upside down its almost a smiley face - LOL.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
I'd feel good with a target like that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts