Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to this forum and interested in knowing first hand experiences, both good and perhaps bad, on the quality and reliability of the 24/7. I have heard all the Taurus horror stories, but also heard this new gun is much better than previous models. I am looking for something light enough to carry full time and conceal well, yet reliable enough to be sure to go bang when necessary. I know there are many, many options out there, but I am also severly left handed and like the dual magazine and slide releases. thanks for any information in advance. I am an experienced high power rifle shooter, but a fair beginner with pistols.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
I have the full size 24/7 G2 in 40 S&W that is my every day carry. I purchased this gun new about 15 months ago and have put over 1600 rounds through it with no problems. I have had a squib round and a primer that blew out the back but these were not due to the gun. As far as concealed carry goes, I have a Tommy Theis holster that I carry at the 1-2 o'clock position and it is not visible at all, when I wear an untucked shirt. You can also purchase a left handed holster from Tommy.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
I use the G2 Compact as a carry. All features are ambidextrous and it's light enough to be comfortable.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I used to hate Taurus because of online reviews and horror stories, but I guess the reason for those complain is Taurus is so affordable a lot of people has Taurus than other gun maker's. I got a 1911 and no complain yet but the gun's finish...

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Welcome to the forum! The 24/7 G2 compacts and the Millennium Pro G1/G2 PT111, PT140 & the MilPro PT145 and excellent for concealed carry.
I keep looking at these but my wife tells me "Dear we have enough guns for right now". :'(

·
Registered
36,775 Posts
Carry weapons are a lot of personal choice and what one is willing to put up with.
the one thing that should be universal though in a carry weapon is reliability.
Now reliability often must also take in what type of ammo that the gun runs on and how much shooter error is involved in using any gun.
for the other features it really depends on what you can live with, as to size, weight, and accuracy.
I have two 24/7 C Pro D/S, and a 24/7 OSS D/S. I can carry any of the three but the OSS is a load having in excess of a 5 inch barrel.
the 9mm and 45 C models are easily concelable ,especially with the shorty magazine.
One thing to consider on the weight of any 45 acp is that loaded for every round in capacity you increase the weight of the weapon by a half ounce, so if you got 12 round you jsut added 6 plus ounces to the weght.
add to that you are losing capacity simply by the round being larger in diameter.
My 9MM C model loaded is a good bit less weight than the 45 C model loaded and carries a couple extra rounds of ammo as well.
hope this helps.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I share noexperience's concern over the reliability of the 24/7 G2 line, since that is what I'm interested in buying (.45). The last thing I want to have to do is worry about the reliability of a concealed carry weapon or having to send it in for warranty work all the time. No matter what the gun costs quality should not be an issue.

Is there a spot here on the forum for direct communication with the Taurus public relations department about our concerns?

·
Administrator
18,178 Posts
Can't speak on the G2 series, but my 9mm 24/7 Pro and .45 24/7 OSS have been very very reliable and delightfully accurate. I've no problem trusting them with serious duty and I do.

For a really nice compact carry, consider the Millenium Pro series. Recently acquired a 9mm PT-111 Millenium Pro that is a stellar shooter.

·
Registered
36,775 Posts
Is there a spot here on the forum for direct communication with the Taurus public relations department about our concerns?
Not to my knowledge, but then aagin I am not real knowledgable either!
this forum has nothing to do with Taurus manufacturing or vice versus, well except that the name is kind of the same.
Taurus manufacturing has its own line of communication pertaining to the company.

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Welcome from East Texas to the best gun forum on the internet.

I carry my 24/7 regularly. I recommend getting a Theis holster for it and you can carry it year round regardless of how you dress.

Reactions: jwc007 and dogchild

·
Registered
223 Posts
Anyone carrying your 24/7 with a laser? Probably going to talk to Theis about a custom one. Really want a holster I can wear 24/7....sitting...standing....etc

·
Registered
36,775 Posts
Anyone carrying your 24/7 with a laser? Probably going to talk to Theis about a custom one. Really want a holster I can wear 24/7....sitting...standing....etc
NOPE!
made a deal with my eye surgeon several years ago!
I don't mess with lasers and he don't mess with guns!
works out best for both of use that way.--Giggle.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I have a PT 140 MilPro. Awesome gun, not the best for me personally in TX summers. I at least carry it in a backpack or my little Charter Arms .38 IWB on super hot days that need shorts.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts