Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
24/7 G2 9mm ss comes home

After 4 weeks my 24/7 9mm ss came home today. I did a happy dance and read the repair sheet. It said that the trigger bar block was worn out and replaced. So I manually put it in SA racked the slide a few times and sure enough it popped out of SA and I to DA again. It seems to be a little less frequent but still there all the same. Needless to say I'm pretty frustrated with the issue and the face that they didn't fix it. I really don't want to send it back again... Maybe I'll take it to a smith to have them look at it.

·
5,686 Posts
I'm really sorry this happened to you. Have you tried to call them and talk to them? I would give them a call first.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
sent mine (my g2) into them over 2 weeks ago and still hasn't even been looked at, know the feeling. :icon_ cry:

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Spoke with a young woman named Malanie who immediately advised me that this is normal behavior for the 24/7. I Immediately referenced pages 22 and 23 in the manual that say in red type that it is definitely not normal for this firearm. She asked me to hold spoke with a gunsmith and returned to ask me what happens if I pull the trigger and hold it (after clearing it) and then to rack the slide hard and fast and that it should remain in SA. I explained that it does but when its in single action and I rack the slide it will pop back into DA (not every single time and it does happen less frequently since the repair) but it does happen.

At that point I had to go because I had to sign on at work so Ill see about following up later.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would like to ask some feedback from my fellow 24/7 G2 owners.

If you put your 24/7 G2 in SA mode, remove the magazine and without touching the trigger rack the slide 10-20 times does your trigger ever pop out of SA and back to DA?

I am wondering if this is indeed expected behavior for the 24/7 G2. Mine does not do it all the time but usually will do it if I rack the slide as above.

Does anyone else see this behavior? Please please let me know if you do.

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts