Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well went to the range today and put 200 rounds threw her no problems. Previously when using some cheap ammo i had had a few FTF issues and one FTE. After seeing posts about puting 300 rounds threw and then seeing what happened i did just that rounds 301-500 went just fine using WWB and blazer brass. Thanks to the info i found on this site i am even more happy with my 24/7.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am not sure my 24/7 is blue so and my ss revolver is still realy new so cleaning it up hasnt been a problem yet.

·
Registered
296 Posts
You want that sheen on the outside of the slide? I'd start with paint finishing materials. House of color ca link up to fine sand papers. Or auto parts store. Try swirl mark remover, or 3M's 3 step process from scratch out to glaze. iT there are two many scratches. work the from the finest if not enough use a slightly courser. Say 2000 grit first. If not enough 1500 then 2000. still scratches go to 1200 grit, 1500 2000 swirl mark glaze.

It is possible to get a mirror finish on stainless steel you just don't want to start with a very course sandpaper and remove the 27/7 and other light stampings. The serial numbers are much deeper and will need a grinder to remove.

It takes time but is possible to get a mirror finish without removing any of the stamping.
Go slow, take your time, give your arm a good workout. :p

·
Administrator
17,596 Posts
jimmie said:
What should I use to clean stainless steel section of 24/7 pro 9mm to get that out of the box sheen?
Just Clean it up and be happy with it! The Slide Finish is supposed to be Matte/non-reflective. Polish it and you will void your Finish Warranty and ruin it's resale value!

Use patches soaked with Noxon7 Metal Polish/Cleaner for stubborn Carbon Deposits.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts