Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When the 24/7 .45 first came out there were reports of feeding problems on some guns after they were shot a bit. The problem at the time seemed to be caused by the magazines.

Does anyone know if this is still a problem?

If it is not a problem any longer. Is there a way to tell if I am getting a good gun when I go to buy one? Maybe a serial number series or something to look for on the gun or magazines that will indicate that it is probably OK?

Thanks, and sorry if this has been asked before. I did a search but couldn't find anything on the subject.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have had my new 24/7 in .45 for a few weeks now.

I have shot 300 FMJ and 20 HP through it with Zero FTF, FTE, FTF.

Hopefully they all will feed as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Texshooter said:
I have had my new 24/7 in .45 for a few weeks now.

I have shot 300 FMJ and 20 HP through it with Zero FTF, FTE, FTF.

Hopefully they all will feed as well.
Thanks Texshooter, that gives me hope! ;D

·
Registered
174 Posts
i am over 1000 rds and still awaiting my first failure of any type on good ammo, i had a few failure to fire on the first try w/ old(20+yrs) ammo, but they did fire in d/a on subsequent tries.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
From what I can tell if you look at the 2nd number in the serial number a Y would mean it was made in 2005 a Z means made in 2006 and A means made in 2007. I have both a 2006 and a 2007 model Pro .45 and I have not yet had a chance to shoot the new one since I got it last week, but the 2006 model has maybe 4000 rounds down range with out one single problem. As far as I know the only ones that really had a problem were the non "Pro" models so if the one your looking at is a Pro then you should be fine

·
Registered
80 Posts
Don't believe everything off of the internet. I bought one when people were complaining. From comparing stories There were less than 10 actual people complaining. Mine has gone between 500 and a 1000 without anything close to a failure. Most of the problems could be traced to poor treatment, maintnance, and technique. Buy one they are great but get a new one because some of the people complaining talked about their home brewed treatments they tried and you don't want a gun that someone has ground on or cut off springs. Some of the ones complaining mentioned shortening their mag springs or using a hammer because they couldn't get the last shell in. I haven't had a problem loading one. I never seen any of the complainers mention owning anything other than 9mm hanguns and a couple of them had never shot. so don't worry buy the gun.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks to all who have answered. I feel very confident that one of the newer guns will be just great!

It may be awhile before I pick one up, but I'll come back with a range report when I do.

Thanks again...
Bobo

1 - 7 of 7 Posts