Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are some of the common issues with these guns and what might I expect? I do have a PT140 and after working out mag release issues and frame rail bur issues it's a very reliable gun. Thanks for any insight.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Purchased a 24/7 G2 .40S&W last fall from LGS and have had no issues with it. Paid $325 +tax NIB out the door. Love it!!

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
I have 4 24/7s, 2 9mm, 40, and 45. I have run a minimum of 600 rounds thru each and have never had a single hiccup. If I wasnt buying other crap, I would have to introduce another into the family. Good deal

·
Administrator
17,596 Posts
I've not had ANY issues with either of my 24/7's, a 9mm 24/7 Pro and a .45 24/7 OSS.
Have roughly 1500 rounds thru each of them so far.
Planning on buying possibly two more of them, $$ permitting.

Issues are NOT common with these Pistols.

Reactions: MilProGuy

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
I've owned a 24/7 Pro C DS .45ACP and a 24/7 OSS DS .45ACP, and both have functioned flawlessly.

I believe the 24/7 platform is one of the finest that Taurus has ever made.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I don't know if you saw it but if you use a credit card they add 3%. You can send a check and wait till the check clears,or a money order and still get the cash price of $323.00. As for the 24/7 I have had several and loved them all.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
I have a Bud's financing account by GE Money and I chose the option Bud's Account Pay in 25 days as the payment type. The cash prices still applied but I needed to pay the balance within 25 days to avoid interest charge. This way I didn't have to use my personal checks/personal checking account or send the MO's to Bud's.

·
Registered
36,039 Posts
What are some of the common issues with these guns and what might I expect? I do have a PT140 and after working out mag release issues and frame rail bur issues it's a very reliable gun. Thanks for any insight.
well when you get into the D/S series its the third rework of the 24/7 line and most if not all problems have pretty much been ironed out in the 24/7 & the 24/7 pro series.
add to that the 24/7 OSS D/S was designed as a military test trial weapon and it has even more reliability built into it.
I have a 24/7 C pro D/S in 9 MM & 45 acp and a 24/7 OSS D/S in 45 acp and all three have been very good guns for me.

·
Registered
306 Posts
This is actually my favorite gun I own, 24/7 is such a great gun. Wanted one for a long time, great look and it feels really good in the hand.

·
Registered
70 Posts
GET ONE BEFORE THEY ARE ALL GONE! Bought one from Bud's last year and love it! They look ALOT better in person than Bud's stock photos (They need to address that). Fired over 400 rds and no issues. While doing research, came across problems w/magazines not functioning properly but haven't experienced any w/mine. Has great ergonomics and you'll be hard pressed to find a nicer .45 for $323.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Fingers crossed they still have one left on the 13th when my taxes come in. The price just went up $4. Not sure what that means.... Finger crossed. If not I guess I'll get a Taurus 66 .357, next on my list anyways.

·
Registered
306 Posts
It means buy one, you will really like it. I almost bought another one I like mine so much.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
The only issues I've ever had with my .45 OSS is the cost of the ammo I can't stop running through it, and bullseyes that continually get big holes in the center and have to be replaced...

·
Registered
27,139 Posts
The only common problem I'm aware of is that many of them require a good cleaning as soon as you get home.

·
Administrator
17,596 Posts
Good Shooting VTB_Gunner! Nice OSS! Looks exactly like mine!

What brand of Fiber Optic Front Sight do you have?
Are your Rear Sights Fiber Optic too, and if so, what brand?

As for keeping a .45 OSS fed, I've been reloading for years, but even with my Dillon XL650 progressive reloader, it can still be a challenge to keep .451 Bullets in stock. Especially if I go thru 200 rounds in an afternoon!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The only issues I've ever had with my .45 OSS is the cost of the ammo I can't stop running through it, and bullseyes that continually get big holes in the center and have to be replaced...

Lol, that was funny. I am getting one if they're still available on the 13th from Buds Thanks guys.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts