Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read on the internet that you may encounter a problem if you top off the magazine with 12 rounds? Has any one had any issues with this? :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have not had any issues with this. My original mags would fail to feed the 4th, 5th, or 6th shot in a full mag, but the 12th always loaded and fired fine.

I sent one of my mags to Taurus, and they sent me a new one, and no issues at all. I've posted the details in this forum.

·
Registered
74 Posts
All 3 of my factory mags work perfectly. They like to be clean though.

·
Registered
663 Posts
gdh1059 said:
I have read on the internet that you may encounter a problem if you top off the magazine with 12 rounds? Has any one had any issues with this? :)
When I load a mag I always bump it on the heel of my palm or my mouse pad at least once to make sure the load is equal all the way up. If I'm not mistaken, some have had a bit of trouble, but when they bump it (not on a hard surface) the problem is solved.

Perhaps someone could tell us if the inside of a mag should be lubed, and, if so, with what.

JimL

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
I would be interested in that lubing if required. I read some where that when you clean them, they should be oiled lightly. Not the follower, but below it. So the question is valid, and inquiring minds want to know.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Called Taurus Customer Service this morning.

I asked them specifically this: "On my PT 24/7 Pro, after I take the magazine apart to clean it, should I lubricate the with anything?"

The response, "No sir, you should not have to lube that with anything."

So that is their answer. I have been lubing mine with a little bit of gun oil. Should I stop doing so? Taurus seems to think so.

·
Registered
663 Posts
JFree said:
I have been lubing mine with a little bit of gun oil. Should I stop doing so? Taurus seems to think so.
Actually I'm surprised. You'd think at the very least that a little lube of some kind would prevent rust/corrosion.

JimL

·
Registered
82 Posts
I agree, but what if they are coating them with something that prevents rust and corrosion?

And will a little bit of lube hurt the plastic follower?

·
Registered
663 Posts
JFree said:
I agree, but what if they are coating them with something that prevents rust and corrosion?

Hmm. I wonder if that Taurus service guy is still hiding around here somewhere.

JimL

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Probably not! He was a nice guy, and from what I read did do a lot to help those that he could. Probably assigned to receiving dock, taking in the returns.

I am just kidding, but obviously he was not in shipping anymore, as they sent me a PT92 mag instead of a PT111 when mine went defective.

·
Registered
82 Posts
In most corporations, the best way to make an employee ineffective is to promote them to a management position. Seems to be standard procedure here.

Maybe he got a raise? :rolleyes:

·
Administrator
18,197 Posts
JFree said:

The problems with Lubrication inside the magazines of a Semi-Auto Pistol are:
1.) Potential Full or Partial Cartridge Primer deactivation
2.) Potential Higher Pressures from Lubrication Coating on Cartridges

Both potential conditions depend upon the type and amount of lubrication used.

I don't Lubricate the inside of my magazines and cartridges, and I don't have feeding problems (currently), and you shouldn't either!

Keep them properly cleaned and maintained and they should work just fine! ;D

New magazines, particularly double column .45's, as they use heavier springs, may take some wearing in, so please be patient.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
jwc007 said:
I don't Lubricate the inside of my magazines and cartridges, and I don't have feeding problems (currently), and you shouldn't either!

Keep them properly cleaned and maintained and they should work just fine! ;D

New magazines, particularly double column .45's, as they use heavier springs, may take some wearing in, so please be patient.
TY for that! I am just about at the point to take mine apart! Even the PT111 mags take some breaking in. Some times they even break,(I had one that cracked and had to be replaced.) But would hate to over pressure anything. I know I heed the warning about oil in cylinders, and barrels to keep from having that problem. But I never thought about it applying to the mags.

·
Registered
44 Posts
JimL said:
Actually I'm surprised. You'd think at the very least that a little lube of some kind would prevent rust/corrosion.

JimL
I have never lubed any of my semi-auto magazines and have never had a problem. Dry and clean should be fine. Oil would tend to cause dust and lint attraction causing a jam or excess oil could soak into a primer causing a possible misfire from what I have heard.

·
Registered
17 Posts
newbie question, just curious guys, is there any available 20 round magazine for the .45ACP 24/7 pro? thanks a lot

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Not a factory mag, I do not remember seeing one in the aftermarket. But I do not own a 24/7 pro. I know there are some available in PT111 that were 20 or so plus mags. I also know that 24/7 17's fit the PT111.

·
Registered
17 Posts
thanks robby for the info, how about flashlight and lasers? does glock accerssories fits our taurus? specifically 24/7 pro, coz here in mania they sell mainly glock accessories, thank you

1 - 20 of 22 Posts