Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:D

Well, I carried my 24/7 Pro .40S&W for months without a real good quantity shoot, yet today I did a 300 round run through. I must admit that I was thoroughly impressed with this pistol.

Anyway, went to the range today, fired 300 rounds with my son, he was firing an XD9.

I had absolutely zero failures in anyway. This gun performed flawlessly. I was firing Winchester Personal Protection 180gr jacketed hollow points from Wally World. I tested this gun at 7, 15 and 50 yards, and I will bet alot of people here will be breathless on what I report.

This gun fires at zero "Dead On" Center mass at both 7 and 15 yards. I had no problem shooting 1 1/2 inch groups at 7 and 15 yards consistently. We had a .22LR just to plink with and set a 50 yard target just to have some fun.

I decided to take the Taurus and shoot at the 50 yard target. This target was a 4" bullzeye purchased from Wally World changes from Black to Orange when struck. To my total surprise I shot 10 rounds in rapid succession and 9 hit the black! (At 50 yards).

Further, I decided to slow down take a nice aim (I never use the weaver stance) I let my elbows be free, unlocked, I get more precision from this). I shot a 3 inch group at 50 yards 7 times in a row! I could not believe this.

My neighbor shooting to my right got ready to leave (about a 60 year old man) and wanted to see the "XD9" that I had been shooting so well with. I informed him my son was shooting the XD9 and that I was shooting a Taurus 24/7 Pro .40 caliber. He picked up the gun and was amazed. We were talking a bit and he was a former Marine. I myself am a retired marine, scout sniper. He stated that he had never seen the accuracy from a pistol at 50 yards like I was getting. I let him know that I have an XD SC .40 that I carry as well, and that it did not have the accuracy that my Taurus did.

Bottom Line: Zero Failures. No Complaints, minimal recoil (expected from a .40), and superb accuracy! No feed failures, nothing, except the performance one would expect from a combat handgun. I have been shooting all of my life, and this is the most accurate handgun I have ever fired. I wish it was a bit smaller, I'd carry it everyday, but my current situation dictates that I have to carry my XD 40 during the hot months.

Anyone that is wary about purchasing this particular gun, buy one.... if you don't like it, I'll purchase it from you.... this is the finest, most accurate shooting pistol I have ever owned... My Sig 229R doesn't shoot this accurate.

GO TAURUS!!!

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
CORRECTION:

After talking to my son, I realized I errored in my report on the target used. The target used was a VisiShot 100 Yard Sight-In target 4 inches to center, part number 45802 purchased from WalMart.

Happy Shooting!

·
Registered
285 Posts
My friend, may I say this is the same reaction I have to my 24/7 Pro .40 pistol!!! It is a very solid pistol and I will stake my life on it!! Between this one and my little cricket/Mini Me (Mill pro 9mm.) I must say I feel well protected!! The beauty is in the same operation as my main carry as my lighter conceled carry. It's a wonderful world when this all comes together as it has with my Taurus pistols.

·
Administrator
35,632 Posts
My 45 cal is the same guys - so ergonomic, and so pleasant to shoot !!

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
I'll have to try mine with a little more space between me and the target next time. I've shot it at 25 yards with good results but never out to 50.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Excellent report and awesome shooting. :thumb:

I have a 24/7 in 45acp, but still need to put more rounds through it to get through the break in cycle. For now I am getting more experience with my PT-145 as it is my CCW choice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts