Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning to get a concealed carry permit and was wondering what a good choice for a holster would be. I have never worn a holser but think the owb might be best as I am 6'5" 390. Muscle of course. :rolleyes:
Harry

·
Registered
846 Posts
Depends mainly where you want to carry it, hip, pants, small of back etc. I carry my Mill. small of back but I know allot don't like that, it's your choice.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your replies to my posts Texas. I am new to a lot of this and have many questions. I was leaning towards hip holster.
Harry

·
Registered
74 Posts
De Santis Speed Scabbard

·
Registered
5 Posts
Go on eBay, search for user ID: holsterman6376. I just received my IWB holster from them, it cost about $24 after taxes (Illinois...they gotta tax everything!). Since the laws in Illinois are very restrictive, I don't have the luxury of testing this holster out all day, so I have to settle for when I am at work or at home. But I am going on 8 hours now carried on the right kidney, and I forgot my 24/7 Pro .40 w/ 4" barrel was even there after about 15 or 20 minutes. It is a nylon holster and padded inside, it fits the gun very well, and does not slide around. The only thing is that I have to consciously remember to ensure my shirt is "blossomed" and not coming untucked, but that hasn't been an issue so far. Just a thought.
I am thinking of modifying one for when I order my Mill Pro PT140 to adhere to Illinois "transportation of firearm laws." That is, until The Peoples Republic of Illinois decides that "Hey, there is a Second Amendment after all! I'll be."

·
Registered
15 Posts
i wear mine on my right hip (i'm right handed), kind of slipped around, about 1/2 way to my back. i use a bianchi LEFT hand inside the pants holster. this keeps the gun and handle very close to my body. it is quite comfortable, walking, sitting and driving. it really isn't awkward to draw, as you might think. i am not saying i'm a "qiucksdraw" but it works great for me.

·
Registered
62 Posts
harryk said:
I am planning to get a concealed carry permit and was wondering what a good choice for a holster would be. I have never worn a holser but think the owb might be best as I am 6'5" 390. Muscle of course. :rolleyes:
Harry
I have a Don Hume H721 for mine. Fits my 24/7 perfectly.

Regardless of which holster you choose, get a 'good' gun belt. The 24/7 is heavy and a good belt makes it comfortable. I got the Don Hume gun belt (Midway USA) so that my belt and holster match. It makes a good looking rig.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I decided on the Don Hume open top H721 after reading many good reviews. I also bought the Don Hume belt for the same reason. Thanks for the input .
Harry

1 - 9 of 9 Posts