Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my 24/7 pro about three weeks ago and I decided to put it to a little test right out of the box. I put 1,200 rounds of various garbage (wal-mart specials, that lead junk at Dick's etc) through it over the course of the past few weeks without cleaning it. During this period I have not had a single FTF or FTE. I just cracked open the gun and man is it dirty! I am now going to clean it since I am going to load it with HPs and keep it in my car.

I thought that it is pretty cool!

·
Administrator
17,595 Posts
Nice! Seems to have passed the Hard Use Gunk-up test. Which caliber is your PT24/7 in?

·
TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
6,541 Posts
It's nice to see someone giving these a little torture testing. I think they would hold up better than some others think they may.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I got around to cleaning it the other day, I noticed that the feed ramp is polished like a mirror!

·
Administrator
35,117 Posts
Congrats !! Now go buy some hoppes and a good brush. ;)

·
Registered
121 Posts
I've shot over 5k through my 24/7. I clean it not because I Ned to, but rather that I keep it under the matress. After the first 300 rounds it became super reliable. I can see why the OSS was being shopped to the military.

A lot of people forget that graphite (carbon) and lead are both rather effective lubricants. In fact, too much oil is often more harmful to reliability than too little.

Longevity however is an entirely different subject.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts