Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've taken several handgun courses over the last few years but haven't lucked into a rifle class due t scheduling. So yesterday we had a building the rifleman 22lr "poodle shooter" class. The last time he ran this, they shot out to 200 yards. Yesterday, the landowner didn't have his field cut, so our normal handgun spot for training had to do. Furthest out was probably 125 or so, but we had to duck out early, so I only shot out to 40yards.

There were several 10/22's, a couple Ruger Precisions, and 2 S&W 15-22's, including my wife's pink one that I shot. :) My wife shot our 10/22 groundhog gun since it has a scope, I had a Primary Arms red dot and cheap UTG magnifier.

We started out sighting in at 25 yards from prone and then went through basic shooting positions. Now this is more of a "field type rifleman" class geared more towards someone hiking and hunting, but we worked with the AR styles also. My wife of course got more bulls than me once sighted in. She got overheated as we went from prone to standing in repeated exercises. So she sat out the rest of the time. It was her first class shootng, even though she's been to several handgun classes and helped as range eyes watching new folks, and helping the ladies that come.

Overall, it was a good day, I learned some, she learned some. I need to do more arm and shoulder exercises for when he does an AR class, since mine is considerably heavier than the plastic S&W.

Today my wife and I are heading to our farm after church to cut grass and she wants to try some of the other positions that she missed out on, as well as try out the Advantage Arms 22lr glock I used last class.

ETA: still can't figure out why half my pics load turned the wrong way.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,706 Posts
If you look at the pictures, you will notice that all the should have been vertical pictures would be narrower that tall. The forum system is written to show pictures as wide as or wider than tall.
At least that is the way it looks to me.
I would suggest holding the camera/phone to always take wider than tall pictures.

·
Registered
18,376 Posts
Looks like a fun class! The club I belong to runs the Appleseed program a few times each year. It's not very expensive. One day I will get registered to take it.

·
Registered
6,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you look at the pictures, you will notice that all the should have been vertical pictures would be narrower that tall. The forum system is written to show pictures as wide as or wider than tall.
I would suggest holding the camera/phone to always take wider than tall pictures.
I see that now.

·
Registered
36,780 Posts
Not a problem IF you put your monitor on its side to look at the pics!

Reactions: youngandfree
1 - 6 of 6 Posts