Taurus Firearm Forum banner

.22LR - Just In Time!

1K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  timmay1023 
#1 ·
So today I went to Cabela's, hoping to find some ammo and I did: got 150 rounds of PMC .45ACP to break in my new-to-me 1911. But the real prize, .22LR, was nowhere to be found.
Then, just as I'm ready to head for the checkout counter, a shopper comes over and places a box underneath the shelf housing .17 ammo. So I pick it up, look, and it is .22LR ...tracer rounds.
OK. What the heck. I'm really buying it for my grandson (who turns 11 today) and who has been out of ammo for quite some time. Yes, expensive stuff ($22.00/50) but he's the only grandchild I have...

So then I go to my favorite LGS, really shopping for a good buy on a pistol. No .22LR.
But as we're talking - and looking over that goofy Zip Gun - the UPS driver comes in with a dolly full of ammo. Mostly shotgun shells and some 9mm but near the bottom of the stack they find some .22LR.
Winchester 40gr plated (black) target rounds. Box of 525 for$31.00. Seems high compared to what I used to pay but it's here and there are other customers in the store.
Of course I took it.
Kid is gonna have a Happy Birthday.

#6 ·
Those have been available lately. I gave 16, but had to pay 20 bucks shipping. :rolleyes: AND, I was limited to one box. One does what one has to do when one lives 20 miles from the nearest gas station. :rolleyes: I mean, not that I'm griping. :D

Reactions: Lance0812
#5 ·
You are a really good Grampy! Your grandson will have a great birthday!:) I think you did real well price wise - I'd tell you what I paid for the case of 1575 rounds of Fiocchi 22 lr we found today at a lgs, but I'd embarrass myself - it was more than what you paid for some of yours per round - BUT - I have them now - and I'll even share with DH! I STILL can't find any 22 WRF anywhere!!

Reactions: Lance0812 and darbo
#12 ·
Well the 525 bulk packs are selling for $89.99 at the LGS and I just can't afford it. I am truly hoping that it will get back to normal soon cause my wife is getting into shooting (OUR) Smith and Wesson .22 rifle. I only have about 2000 rounds of .22 so I don't want to use to much until things get back to normal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.