Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
40,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it worth picking the .223 and 5.56 brass up and offering it up for sale? I have been avoiding picking it up at the range, but it is just every where. Other then recycling it is it worth the time?

I was thinking about holding on to it for future use, just don't want to go there any time soon. To much $$$ involved in it right now.

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
Why not? You could try selling some but I'd keep it for reloading. Heck if push comes to shove you could sell it a scrap.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I'll take 250 if ya got it!

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
I always pick up my brass and any other I find, free money.

·
Administrator
17,915 Posts
Is it worth picking the .223 and 5.56 brass up and offering it up for sale? I have been avoiding picking it up at the range, but it is just every where. Other then recycling it is it worth the time?

I was thinking about holding on to it for future use, just don't want to go there any time soon. To much $$$ involved in it right now.
Check the Brass Prices in Shotgun News and see if selling it is worth your time.

As I reload .223/5.56mm, Brass scavenging is ALWAYS worth my time. At the Rifle Range/Club I belong to, we have strict rules about picking up your own Brass, so I rarely get to scavenge any. I use a Brass Catcher on my .223/5.56mm Rifles so I don't have a lot of scavenging to do.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I started picking up .223 brass about 20 years before I got a .223. Just cleaned it and stored it in plastic bags. Was nice to have a supply when I finally broke down and bought the Bushmaster.

·
Registered
103 Posts
If you have a .223, keep it. Even if you don't, you might as well pick it up. Sell it cheap to local reloaders, and you'll find a few friends. You might even be able to work out a loaded ammo for brass deal with a local reloader. I'd do it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts