Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious have any of you guys shot .22 Shorts out of your Heritage revolver?

·
Registered
7,696 Posts
Yeah, it makes a little "poot." If you're wondering about a carbon ring I haven't shot a lot of 'em but what I have shot isn't hard to clean. As for accuracy ... wat? :D

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
Just curious have any of you guys shot .22 Shorts out of your Heritage revolver?
Yup, no issues was great for being quiet. I used them and a two types of long rifle 22 ammo to demonstrate how different recoil could be before stepping the kids up th o 9mm handguns.

·
Super Moderator
35,069 Posts
Buy CCI Quiet if you're worried about shorts. That stuff is like CB shorts, but loaded in LR brass..

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup, no issues was great for being quiet. I used them and a two types of long rifle 22 ammo to demonstrate how different recoil could be before stepping the kids up th o 9mm handguns.
Thanks.. I know Heritage says you can use them. I have yet to do that. Have a great upcoming Thanksgiving holiday, upstate.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Buy CCI Quiet if you're worried about shorts. That stuff is like CB shorts, but loaded in LR brass..
Thanks.. I have some CCI .33 short that are subsonic.. but you know what.. I think I also have some of that CCI Quiet's.22LR as well.. I've been stocking up for so long.. I got to do an inventory of all my ammo holdings.. 😁 Have a great upcoming Thanksgiving holiday.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I've shot 22 CB, Short, LR, CCI Quiet & Aguila Super Colibri from my HRR. All work well. The Aguila Super Colibri are the quietest and recoil less than a bb gun. It's essentially a small pellet in a case with no gunpowder; just a primer.

·
Administrator
39,696 Posts
Last two visits to Academy, they had a healthy stack of .22 short, CCI. Next time I go I think I’ll get some for my revolver to plink with. I also have a couple of rifles I can use them in.

Reactions: Warhammer

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Last two visits to Academy, they had a healthy stack of .22 short, CCI. Next time I go I think I’ll get some for my revolver to plink with. I also have a couple of rifles I can use them in.
That's a great idea.. if they have them still it's great to use those at the range and keep your other ammo stacked high.
Have a great upcoming Thanksgiving holiday.

·
Registered
352 Posts
That's a great idea! Think I'll do the same. Not only for my HRR; my High Standard Sentinel and my Remington 341 will both run on shorts as well.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's a great idea! Think I'll do the same. Not only for my HRR; my High Standard Sentinel and my Remington 341 will both run on shorts as well.
Yep, I two bolt action rifles a KSA and a Marlin that can shoot .22 shorts as well. They are worth getting.

·
Super Moderator
35,069 Posts
Thanks.. I have some CCI .33 short that are subsonic.. but you know what.. I think I also have some of that CCI Quiet's.22LR as well.. I've been stocking up for so long.. I got to do an inventory of all my ammo holdings.. 😁 Have a great upcoming Thanksgiving holiday.

During the last Obama induced shortage, I was ordering anything I could get my hands on. So, now, I have quite a stash and haven't bought any .22 in a while.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have. I noticed accuracy was even worse than 22lr. I am not a fan of the Heritage. The only reason I keep it is to take on canoe trips. If it falls in the river, I won’t shed a tear.

·
Registered
352 Posts
When I'm playing with 22 shorts, it's usually on the 22-only steel area at my local range. They're accurate enough out of my RR and other guns to hit steel consistently. Though they are too weak to move the dueling tree plates from one side to the other, lol!

I like to load up the cylinders of my revolvers with a random mix of all of my 22 rounds. You don't know how big of a bang you'll get until you pull the trigger.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have. I noticed accuracy was even worse than 22lr. I am not a fan of the Heritage. The only reason I keep it is to take on canoe trips. If it falls in the river, I won’t shed a tear.
That's strange, with .22LR the accurate of mine is great.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts