Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious have any of you guys shot .22 Shorts out of your Heritage revolver?

·
Registered
7,656 Posts
Yeah, it makes a little "poot." If you're wondering about a carbon ring I haven't shot a lot of 'em but what I have shot isn't hard to clean. As for accuracy ... wat? :D

Reactions: HappyTom

·
Registered
4,062 Posts
Just curious have any of you guys shot .22 Shorts out of your Heritage revolver?
Yup, no issues was great for being quiet. I used them and a two types of long rifle 22 ammo to demonstrate how different recoil could be before stepping the kids up th o 9mm handguns.

·
Super Moderator
35,009 Posts
Buy CCI Quiet if you're worried about shorts. That stuff is like CB shorts, but loaded in LR brass..

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup, no issues was great for being quiet. I used them and a two types of long rifle 22 ammo to demonstrate how different recoil could be before stepping the kids up th o 9mm handguns.
Thanks.. I know Heritage says you can use them. I have yet to do that. Have a great upcoming Thanksgiving holiday, upstate.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Buy CCI Quiet if you're worried about shorts. That stuff is like CB shorts, but loaded in LR brass..
Thanks.. I have some CCI .33 short that are subsonic.. but you know what.. I think I also have some of that CCI Quiet's.22LR as well.. I've been stocking up for so long.. I got to do an inventory of all my ammo holdings.. 😁 Have a great upcoming Thanksgiving holiday.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I've shot 22 CB, Short, LR, CCI Quiet & Aguila Super Colibri from my HRR. All work well. The Aguila Super Colibri are the quietest and recoil less than a bb gun. It's essentially a small pellet in a case with no gunpowder; just a primer.

·
Administrator
39,471 Posts
Last two visits to Academy, they had a healthy stack of .22 short, CCI. Next time I go I think I’ll get some for my revolver to plink with. I also have a couple of rifles I can use them in.

Reactions: Warhammer

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Last two visits to Academy, they had a healthy stack of .22 short, CCI. Next time I go I think I’ll get some for my revolver to plink with. I also have a couple of rifles I can use them in.
That's a great idea.. if they have them still it's great to use those at the range and keep your other ammo stacked high.
Have a great upcoming Thanksgiving holiday.

·
Registered
301 Posts
That's a great idea! Think I'll do the same. Not only for my HRR; my High Standard Sentinel and my Remington 341 will both run on shorts as well.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's a great idea! Think I'll do the same. Not only for my HRR; my High Standard Sentinel and my Remington 341 will both run on shorts as well.
Yep, I two bolt action rifles a KSA and a Marlin that can shoot .22 shorts as well. They are worth getting.

·
Super Moderator
35,009 Posts
Thanks.. I have some CCI .33 short that are subsonic.. but you know what.. I think I also have some of that CCI Quiet's.22LR as well.. I've been stocking up for so long.. I got to do an inventory of all my ammo holdings.. 😁 Have a great upcoming Thanksgiving holiday.

During the last Obama induced shortage, I was ordering anything I could get my hands on. So, now, I have quite a stash and haven't bought any .22 in a while.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts