Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Horrible... RIP fine sir. That Police officer was as nice as they come. Killed for nothing. That A**#%&$ should have just shot himself.

·
Super Moderator
40,514 Posts
Very sad!

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
Very sad indeed! But, is it possible the young officer was to casual. Should he not put the guy up against the wall and searched him? I don't know, I am not a LEO, maybe our LEO members can say. Not that it will change anything, but it could be informative.

·
Registered
9,561 Posts
Oh my - I couldn't bring myself to watch the video. This is just so sad - what in the heck is wrong with people today that the can do this - committing suicide does not absolve these people of their crimes!

Reactions: Fishinkeylargo

·
Super Moderator
19,748 Posts
Horrible... RIP fine sir. That Police officer was as nice as they come. Killed for nothing. That A**#%&$ should have just shot himself.

He did. Ironically, looks like he shot himself with the officer's gun - six shots too late!

Agree, he seemed to have been too cavalier/relaxed with the suspect. I've never seen an officer even approach someone without first making sure the hands were visible - no matter the weather!

·
Registered
24,616 Posts
A sad loss to our LEO community but no great loss on the part of the shooter.

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Sad indeed. Of course hindsight being 20/20, lesson to be learned from this tragedy. In this day and age where anything goes including such an immense disregard for human life, two officers (minimum) responding to a domestic would be sop. Damned tragedy.

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Shakes head. I pray for the officer's friends and family.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Well, I'm not going to second-guess this young officer. He was doing his job, and some jerk ended his life. So sad. This right here is what every officer risks facing every day.

·
22,321 Posts
May God bless that officer's surviving loved ones.

Thank you to all of you who make up that thin blue line.

·
Registered
374 Posts
When talking to a suspect an officer is trained to always make them keep their hands in sight unless they have been patted down.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
RIP officer Stewart.

BTW - Officer Stewart was not killed by a .22 revolver, he was killed by the POS punk 28 year old Robert William Smith.

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
RIP officer Stewart.

BTW - Officer Stewart was not killed by a .22 revolver, he was killed by the POS punk 28 year old Robert William Smith.
I was waiting for someone to catch that. :-[ Not what I meant

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
So sad. I'm surprised he didn't ask the man to keep his hands outside of his pockets? Wish the officer could have shot him instead and lived to tell the story himself.

Reactions: rhuber

·
Registered
16,494 Posts
If somebody wants to take their life, I guess rat is up to them. However they do do need to kill somebody else and make another family suffer.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts