Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother has a Snubbie SS, in 22 LR. Cool little gun. I wanted to buy one but they quit making it. Anyway, a good friend is selling a few guns & one of them is the 941 which is the same as the LR but in 22 MAG. I am interestred in getting this, but my experience with a revolver in 22 Mag was limited to a Charter Arms that I had for short time a few years ago. That gun was new, but a display model. Ended up having to send it back under warranty. It was out of time & had light strikes. Came back re-timed with a new firing pin. Seems as though it was dry fired a couple million times. Ended up trading it.

Anyone have any experience with the 941? It does have a ring around the cylinder, so it has been fired. But otherwise it looks new. His good friend price will be $250.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
For $250?! It's a "no brainer" Jump on it especially if it is 4" or longer barrel. A friend has one and loves it. I've a 992 that shoots great as well.

Maloy

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
I just paid 400 for a LNIB 351C. Jump on it! You may also be interested in Hornady Critical Defense 22 WMR short barrel. It's designed for guns this size.

·
Supporting Moderator
5,350 Posts
Bought it yet?
If not, GO GET IT!!!!:)

·
Registered
8,633 Posts
Buy it before he changes his mind.

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
Nice instant read thermometer there. Revolver is ok, too. :)

Reactions: misPhyr

·
Super Moderator
37,646 Posts
I'd be a buyer.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Sweet little gun. Good buy

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Gotta huge winter storm headed our way. Mot sure when we'll be able to hook up. He lives across town. Detroit is a large metropolitan area. 40-50 miles to the suburbs from city center.

Ordered some Fiocchi ammo last night. Should be here next week. I have enough for a decent range trip.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
I have the blued model and really like it. The DA trigger is a little tough but gets nicer with useage . Mine is more accurate than I am.

·
Super Moderator
35,466 Posts
Mine's a little NAA Black Widow.

That gun looks like my M85SSUL. The .38 hits harder and is cheaper to feed, being it's reloadable. :D

Reactions: 57K

·
Registered
969 Posts
Might get a bit more excited if it had a longer barrel. But hey, if it works for you, that's what matters. Otherwise, I agree with NT, but we're both handloaders. The only .22 Mag I have is a convertible SA revolver with a 6.5" barrel which helps get some juice from the .22 Mag.;)

Reactions: NativeTexan

·
Super Moderator
35,466 Posts
Well, I DO have a 3.5" Heritage shop keeper with the .22 mag cylinder along with a .22LR cylinder. A certain CCI maximag load hits pretty close to POA, just a tad left, at 25 yards and groups 2". All the .22LR I've tried in it hits left and low, so more compensating. BUT, I wouldn't carry this gun. The zamak its frame is made of is heavy, 34 ounces, might as well carry my 34 ounce 3" M66 with .357 magnum, which I do from time to time. I really got the Heritage because the bird's head grip looks REALLY cool and it was a cheap new gun when I was pining for a new gun. :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts