Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my wish list is; A Taurus copy of the Colt Woodsman....

1.1 USA.gif

Reactions: glenwolde

·
Administrator
17,592 Posts
Either that or they could bring back the Taurus 922. Taurus Model 922

A 4 inch barreled version of the 922 would appeal to me.

Reactions: drummin_man627

·
Registered
31,697 Posts
Either that or they could bring back the Taurus 922. Taurus Model 922

A 4 inch barreled version of the 922 would appeal to me.
Thanks JWC007, I never knew Taurus made the 922 or why they discontinued it. It looks to be a great platform, one I would prefer a lot over the PT22.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Maybe a PT722?? The PT22 just doesn't appeal to me aesthetically - look like it's all grip and trigger. If they added even 1/2 inch to the bbl it would be better looking (IMHO)

·
Premium Member
14,139 Posts

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
Again, my wish is for a replacement for the 922. I want a similar manual of arms as the 92 series. (Condition One not needed.) An exposed, cockable hammer would be a "given". This would be a "bunny buster" and casual target (plinking) gun. At this point, I wouldn't even care if it was Polymer framed.
A 5 inch barrel, over sized open sights, and a rail would be preferred, too.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Wow, I didn't know that Taurus made something like the 922 -- I wonder why they stopped? When I was looking for a new .22 auto I wished that Taurus made something like a Ruger Mark II or 22/45. They don't, so I bought a Beretta Neos. I love the Beretta, but I still would have bought the Taurus if it were available. Oh well Taurus, sorry to say, but Beretta got my $200.......

·
Super Moderator
40,396 Posts
I would love to see a .22 target pistol of some form to compete with the Buckmark and Mark III series.

·
Registered
176 Posts
And they ALL said, "AMEN!"

·
Super Moderator
34,949 Posts
IMHO, Ruger and Browning have the quality .22 plinker market locked up. Be tough to come out with a new model against that competition. Ain't like these guns are unaffordably expensive, either. But, if Taurus came out with a Woodsman clone, id consider one. I have plenty of .22 pistols, just sorta think I can never have too many. :D

Reactions: treg

·
Super Moderator
40,396 Posts
Time to revive this request. Hint Hint Hint, still would like to see some sort of .22 auto target pistol.

Reactions: jwc007 and gbusmech

·
Registered
24,499 Posts
That would be totally cool.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts