Votes: 9 100.0%
  • Something else.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
40,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We always have our traditional Thanksgiving Dinner. This year will be no different. Looking forward to our traditional family meal.

I save the something different for Christmas Dinner. My family always had the same thing for Christmas as we did Thanksgiving. When I got married I broke that tradition and started having different things for Christmas Dinner. I guess it is now a Tradition to have something different for Christmas Dinner.

Now I need to start planning for this Christmas.

Reactions: JimmyA

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Fish, we are going hellbent this year and having all the wifes family and my older brother over for dinner. We are providing a 22lb turkey and a 12lb ham. Everyone else has been assigned to bring something to pass. Expecting about 24 people.

A happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

·
Administrator
39,691 Posts
We'll be doing the traditional dinner. Ham, turkey and all the usual sides. My nephew brings the ham, wife and I provide all the rest. Expecting between 25 and 30.

·
Registered
71 Posts
My wife and I move about 80 miles in September. It's just her and I this year with travel restrictions and illness hitting the family. Turkey, sweet taters, corn, wife's special stuffing and pecan pie. Can taste it now!

·
Registered
24,600 Posts
In the interst of having a healthy Chrisymas, we are having Thanksgiving with just my Mrs. and me and our children are in complete agreement. This year will be a lonely year but we will be healthy

·
Super Moderator
26,962 Posts
Traditional....ish. Not as many dishes. But we will do a turkey breast, roast spuds, green bean casserole, sage dressing and apple pie to follow

Reactions: Fishinkeylargo

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
My wife and I have tried to do something different for Thanksgiving each of the last 20 years. This year it's Cajun and Creole in New Orleans. Quite a change from our Texas home.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Traditional....ish. Not as many dishes. But we will do a turkey breast, roast spuds, green bean casserole, sage dressing and apple pie to follow
Basically the same here. Scaled back, but with a full turkey (gotta have the dark meat), and cornbread dressing..

·
Registered
14,794 Posts
Did a 20 lb bird, stuffing, green been casserole and candied yams. Definitely ate way too much. Gonna do a Prime rib for Yule (Christmas).

Reactions: Fishinkeylargo

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
We did traditional with a 21lb bird, stuffing, mashed, succatash, rolls and gravy. It was the wife, 2 kids and I. Parents didn't make the trip up from Florida, dad not up to the drive.
It is usually just the 4 of us every other year as the parents alternate between me and my sister.
Hope all had a great day inspite of this pandemic.

·
Administrator
39,691 Posts
As I said above, ours would be the traditional meal. Final count, we fed 31 people, including ourselves. Whew!

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Beef, Christmas has always been Beef. Steaks or standing prime rib beef. I use a oil less Turkey fryer to cook the prime rib. It’s just a big convection over. Perfect sear and done to perfection.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts