Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
That is SWEEET!! Since it's just a pipe dream anyway, I'll wish he would've made a 'real' Cobra (2 seat roadster) for the anniversary. Maybe take the top off a GT40 for starters... I'm just sayin'. :D

·
Registered
13,853 Posts
Wonder if they will sell just the motor as a "Crate Motor"? I would like to put it in my F-250.
On Second Thought:
I'll just keep my V-10...it has enough power and sucks enough gas as it is! But, that is one mean looking Mustang!!!

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
Awesome looking machine. Put wings & tail/rudder on that machine, & it just might leave the ground!
I used to own a '68 Shelby Cobra. Very fun driving machine.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Had my car into the local Ford dealer yesterday for service. They had a new Shelby Mustang up on a lift in the showroom over a 68 Shelby GT500. The lift at the other end of the showroom had a GT4o on top and a 32 Ford coup on the floor.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
That is one nice Mustang!!! Boy, would my son love to have one of those!!! Heck, as old as I am, I'd like to have one :)

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
I bought one a couple weeks ago....sold it yesterday and bought something faster....here it is in front of one of my 14 homes (this being the smallest in livable space at 9,987 sq ft)

Attachments

·
Registered
31,696 Posts
I never could afford a Shelby anything, but when I was about 42 and going through that phase of my life involving green alligator boots, I did buy a new 1987 Red Ford GT that would make it to 143 MPH real quick and top out at 148 if you had a good straight stretch. I couldn't keep my foot out of the fuel injector. And no, I didn't really have any green boots of any kind....but I thought about it. Between that and a small airplane I had at the time, it is lucky that I survived.

I'd still love to have a hot car today...bound to beat dying of Alzhiemers!

·
Registered
49 Posts
It's going to take a half tank of gas just to start it.
You might be surprised how well a boosted car can do while out of boost. I realize the shelby is supercharged, and I'm a turbo guy, so slightly different in terms of efficiency while off the throttle, but my track car is incredible on gas. Out of boost.

And you can build a 1000hp car for much less than 200k if you do it yourself. Still nice, but I'm just not going to be a mustang owner. Ever.

·
Registered
561 Posts
What an Animal, its about impossible to get traction but damn what a lot of fun. That rates right up there with the Bugatti Veyron which is a 100 on the Giggle meter.

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
While it's a vary cool looking car , for me there's just no recreating the mystic of 60's muscle cars , while none were rated at 900+ hp out of the box I'm sure a 6:71 GMC blower with the appropriate internals could approach that mark. I agree that a modern Ace Cobra would be really cool.

·
10,379 Posts
If I was ever going to own a Mustang, it'd be the original Shelby.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Yeah, I'd run it 'til the check bounced.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts