Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 Rossi's. One a 38 special I bought new in 1974, a model 68. The other I bought last year a SS 357mag with a 6" barrel. Thanks for looking.
Rossi mod 68 38 spl resize.jpg Rossi 357 mag cropped resized.jpg

·
Super Moderator
40,613 Posts
Nice, thanks for sharing the pictures.

Reactions: wolfstein

·
Registered
24,800 Posts
Nice family photo.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Model 68 information needed

I have 2 Rossi's. One a 38 special I bought new in 1974, a model 68. The other I bought last year a SS 357mag with a 6" barrel. Thanks for looking.
View attachment 111005 View attachment 111006
Hi wolfstein. nice pair of revolvers you have. Would you share some information about your 68 with me? Does it have a round butt grip frame or a square butt grip frame? Does the cylinder release lever have a concave bulls eye or flat with waffle design? Does the stamping say Garcia Corp. or Garcia Sporting Arms?

I own a 38 that looks like yours in nickel. the serial number is a little before yours and I am trying to pinpoint the year of production and model number. I don't know if its a 68 or 33. Thanks Clete

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Very nice!

Reactions: wolfstein

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Clete, welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi wolfstein. nice pair of revolvers you have. Would you share some information about your 68 with me? Does it have a round butt grip frame or a square butt grip frame? Does the cylinder release lever have a concave bulls eye or flat with waffle design? Does the stamping say Garcia Corp. or Garcia Sporting Arms?

I own a 38 that looks like yours in nickel. the serial number is a little before yours and I am trying to pinpoint the year of production and model number. I don't know if its a 68 or 33. Thanks Clete
I believe these photos will answer your questions. If not let me know. Thanks for asking.
Rossi butt bottom resize.jpg Rossi butt plate resize.jpg IMG_4944.JPG Rossi with Garcia Corp resize.jpg

Attachments

Reactions: HawkeyeSATX

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you Wolfstein. Excellent pictures. My 68 is exactly like yours. You stated yours is a 1974. My serial number (D2278xx) is 89,700 before yours. Depending on the quantity produced each year I would think mine is probably 1973 or even a 1972. Does this sound reasonable? Does anyone have serial number information for these early models? Any thoughts of what the annual production would have been? Thanks again. Clete

·
Registered
28 Posts
Welcome aboard Clete!
Welcome aboard Wolfstein!
That's a great pair of revolvers you have there Wolfstein!
I recently acquired a brand new 851 in .38 Special. It's a great little pistol. I'm so pleasantly pleased with it. Love the polish on it. Love the deep bluing that they put on it. Its also very smooth.
I'm also very interested in getting it's big brother, the 971! That's how pleased I am with the 851!
Your 972 in Stainless looks outstanding! And that 6 inch barrel should make it a tack driver.
Myself, I like the 4 inch barrel. Just my personal preference. Not knocking on your's.
I look forward to getting another Rossi revolver!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts