Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently purchased a Mod 605 new style 2-605029 and want to change factory supplied rubber grips.
They look like they are secured by a roll pin but dont want to damage the grips getting it our or them off. What are instructions for removing new style grips?

·
Registered
1 Posts
DrJohns, I just got off of the the phone with Taurus with a question about my new PT 1911. While I was talking with them I asked about my wife's new M85 .38 Special. I had the same question about the grip on hers that you are asking. The rep said yes, just use a drift punch to push the roll pin through to remove the grip. Hope this helps!

Steve

Phew! First post, love this forum tho, lots of great info!!!

·
Super Moderator
26,909 Posts
2 newbies. Welcome to both of you!
Go over to the member intro thread and tell us about you!

·
Registered
7,561 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Northern Oklahoma.

·
Registered
558 Posts
DrJohns, I just got off of the the phone with Taurus with a question about my new PT 1911. While I was talking with them I asked about my wife's new M85 .38 Special. I had the same question about the grip on hers that you are asking. The rep said yes, just use a drift punch to push the roll pin through to remove the grip. Hope this helps!

Steve

Thanks! I just picked up a new Taurus 85, went right to the range, and we had a group poll on this. One of the guys had it correct. The manual still says it's a screw though. Kind of a pita. Wonder why it's not just a screw.

·
Premium Member
11,010 Posts
Thanks! I just picked up a new Taurus 85, went right to the range, and we had a group poll on this. One of the guys had it correct. The manual still says it's a screw though. Kind of a pita. Wonder why it's not just a screw.
The front office paper pushers don't always keep pace with the engineering nerds, I mean staff. ;) They'll get caught up eventually.

·
Super Moderator
26,909 Posts
The front office paper pushers don't always keep pace with the engineering nerds, I mean staff. ;) They'll get caught up eventually.
I doubt in my lifetime!

·
Registered
24,535 Posts
Welcome to da boata youse from Minnesota.

·
Banned
9,233 Posts
i recently purchased a Mod 605 new style 2-605029 and want to change factory supplied rubber grips.
They look like they are secured by a roll pin but dont want to damage the grips getting it our or them off. What are instructions for removing new style grips?
Welcome to TA.

·
Banned
9,233 Posts

Steve

Welcome to TA.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts