Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, first time out this evening, with my new G2C. Ran it through 250 rounds, with a small handful of them being JHP. 0 Issues. She ran solid, flawlessly. One time I went to squeeze the trigger, and it wouldn't budge, but I had inadvertently hit the safety upwards when I was tapping my off hand to beat recoil anticipation out of my hands. :D:D

The target shown is 2 full mags, 25 rounds at approximately 6 yards. Not bad at all, and it was not rapid fire, but I was also pushing myself to keep sustained fire up. I know I'm pulling slight left, but at that range, that tiny bit who cares. I have the advantage of having over 1500 rounds in just 5 short months on my last G2. The Gun shoots far better than me. :)

The two silhouettes are the Friendly competition I decided to play out between the 9E and the G2C. Loaded the 9E to 12 only, to keep it fair, one magazine each. The G2C is the last silhouette, and the 9E is the one where I threw a flyer to the left. Both pistols shot beautifully, but the G2C and earlier G2 always amazed me as to how well they really shoot. Groupings were less tight on the G2C, but I didn't fly a single one; all good hits.

Also, did some shooting at 10 yards for the heck of it. I was shocked to hit like 8 or 9 of 12 on these tiny reactive targets at that range. It just shoots well once you understand the trigger and reset.

Also ran the AR-15 a bit, as I haven't been shooting in 6 months. :mad: Can't leave my others babies cold. :)

Hope you enjoyed the short write up. Now, to clean and do initial inspection. I've been concealed carrying a fullsize 9E for 10 months now, and the G2C just feels awkwardly small, even though that's exactly why I re-purchased the gun. :D:icon_ peace:

Attachments

·
Registered
297 Posts
Looks like you did well, my 1st groupings out of mine look like 2 & 3/4 00 out a 18 inch cylinder. This gun took a little more to get used to vs my 938 and 469. I know that feeling of idle guns. The one day I had 5 guns there and only shot the 469 and G2.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Good shooting!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I went the range first time with mine and it wasn’t as good. I had 2 light primer strikes with Herter’s and a FTE with Winchester NATO. I did clean the gun before I went. I’ll take it again before long and see if it gets any better. That did happen in the first 100 rounds of 300 rounds total.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've had issues with Winchester NATO 124 gr, even though most who've used it, swear by it.

Also, within the first 250-500 rounds, I consider that a 'break-in' period for any gun. Luckily, I've never had an issue with any handgun of mine over the years even in that time frame. However, many manufacturers put that in the manual, with break in procedures.

Best of luck. I'm sure it'll go better. I run ONLY Federal Champion 115 gr stuff from Walmart. That ammo has been the best, consistently. Federal. It's what's for your gun's dinner.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Forgot to add, not that I was expecting anything to be amiss, or loose; Did a good cleaning on the G2C today, and everything looks nice and tidy. I'm very happy and excited to hear many people saying the G2C is actually a more reliable, more accurate, and more betterer all around model than the G2 already was.

Good stuff :D:icon_ peace:

·
Registered
297 Posts
Forgot to add, not that I was expecting anything to be amiss, or loose; Did a good cleaning on the G2C today, and everything looks nice and tidy. I'm very happy and excited to hear many people saying the G2C is actually a more reliable, more accurate, and more betterer all around model than the G2 already was.

Good stuff :D:icon_ peace:
yep they managed to tweak it just enough to be better. I would say I have no need to buy the G2C with my G2 running flawless but I'd end up making myself a liar with a stainless slide G2C 2 months from now.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I've had issues with Winchester NATO 124 gr, even though most who've used it, swear by it.

Also, within the first 250-500 rounds, I consider that a 'break-in' period for any gun. Luckily, I've never had an issue with any handgun of mine over the years even in that time frame. However, many manufacturers put that in the manual, with break in procedures.

Best of luck. I'm sure it'll go better. I run ONLY Federal Champion 115 gr stuff from Walmart. That ammo has been the best, consistently. Federal. It's what's for your gun's dinner.
I was using one box of Herter’s 115, 2 boxes of S&B 115, and a box of Winchester NATO. The rest was a mixture of hollow points, DoubleTap and Federal HST 124’s mainly. It did fine on the hollow points.

·
Registered
161 Posts
My son picked up a G2C last week. I hadn’t heard of the pistol beforehand. He had just purchased a Kahr CM9 and a Ruger LC9S Pro. I really like the Ruger...but absolutely hate the Kahr...sad, because I always wanted one. However, my pinkie finger gets painfully pinched by the gap between the 6rd magazine extension and the grip...nearly every shot.
So I was not enthused about yet another small 9, and the sub $200 price gave me additional reason for concern.
Tonight we went to the range to fire it for the first time. Armscor 124gr FMJ RN and Maxxtech 124gr FMJ RN. Prefer to always start a new pistol with factory ammo.
Oh my, is this pistol the sweetest shooter, or what?! I’m awestruck. Of course he let me shoot it, despite my initial reticence, but now I’m a fan. I told my wife I wouldn’t mind mind one wrapped under the Christmas tree. By far the most accurate, and smooth recoiling pistol I have shot since my Beretta 92FS...a pistol twice the size and nearly three times the price. I admit I’ve never enjoyed shooting a pistol as much as I enjoyed shooting this one.
Taurus G2C....they did it right, and the price point is just mind blowing! Can’t wait to make up some loads for it.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Out of nearly 500 rounds of various ammo, the only issues I've had is with Winchester Nato 124 grain. It was with a box of 150. At about the 100 round mark, I'd have to coax the first round up the feed ramp but the remainder of the loaded magazine worked fine.
After a couple of mags of doing this, I called it done.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yep many people swear by WWB NATO. I didn't have good experiences with it, either.

Glad to see you like the G2C. I had a PT 111 G2 and loved it. Sold it due to silly stuff, came back and got a G2C. Love it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts