Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning, I got my concealed handgun license form the local Sheriff. I took the class on the 19th and 20th of April. I applied for the license on the 22nd, and got the call that my background check was complete. I made an appointment for this morning at 8AM, and was in and out by 8:05. I left there and went to work. Once I got home, I installed the model 605 into my pocket holster. I had some errands to do and carried while out and about. 8)

·
Super Moderator
21,521 Posts
congrats :) :) :) :)

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
congrats man, me and my wife took our class march 1st.and still dont have ours.(but we are in texas)I called the DPS and they said they are doing the background checks so i guess it will be about 2 more weeks.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had background checks form 3 counties in Ohio, plus military stations. They are fast, here. :)

·
Administrator
35,272 Posts
rwcreigh, you can go online with your license number and have them send you a PIN - then, you can check your progress online - if thats any easier for you......

·
Registered
73 Posts
Congrats! Nice safe feeling eh?

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
texastaurusguy said:
rwcreigh, you can go online with your license number and have them send you a PIN - then, you can check your progress online - if thats any easier for you......
yes I paid for it online so i got a pin in the packet.BUT the dam thing online always says packet mailed to app.(sounds crazy but i check everyday).but thanks TTG

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Great going and congrats.

·
Administrator
39,685 Posts
Congratulations, and welcome to the brotherhood of concealed carry.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Congrats, Mikeo. :thumb: You make it sound like it is down right easy where you live. Be alert and stay safe.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Bravo, Mikeo
Now you got something to rest your hand on when your out walking...<:))

·
Registered
114 Posts
Good job Mikeo. I did the paperwork last tuesday for mine they said 45 days and I will be notified. No course here, just an application and $32.50.

Jay

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
VegasGuy said:
Congrats, Mikeo. :thumb: You make it sound like it is down right easy where you live. Be alert and stay safe.
I hear that in some parts of Ohio, it is less than easy. The deputy in charge of licensing, in my county, is very accommodating, and from some of the posts on the Ohio concealed carry forum, he is also pro-gun, and glad to have law abiding citizens carrying. I mentioned this to him, thanking him for his support, and he said that he doesn't see any reason to give people a hard time for exercising their right.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for all the congrats, guys. I've been a serious shooter, (mostly handguns), for nearly 40 years, and I'm happy to be legally carrying.
I'd have done this sooner, but I wanted to be sure I was totally familiar and proficient with the weapons I'd be carrying.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Mikeo said:
Thanks for all the congrats, guys. I've been a serious shooter, (mostly handguns), for nearly 40 years, and I'm happy to be legally carrying.
I'd have done this sooner, but I wanted to be sure I was totally familiar and proficient with the weapons I'd be carrying.
You know I read that three times before it sunk in! After 40 years you feel confident. HMMMM! I owned a gun for 44 years, but bought 4 in 6 months, what does that make me.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Robby said:
You know I read that three times before it sunk in! After 40 years you feel confident. HMMMM! I owned a gun for 44 years, but bought 4 in 6 months, what does that make me.
Actually, I was referring to the guns I presently own. During the past 40 years, I've owned more than 100 handguns. There has only been the provision for CHL in Ohio, for the last four years. The guns I own now, that I plan to carry, I've only had for 3 and 1 years. I wanted to be sure that these guns would be 100% functionally reliable, and that I was capable with them. Hope this clears this up.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts