Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purshased the firearm Monday, and have shoot 200 rounds thru it. I clean it first before shooting. I had one FTE, which I blame on my self, the first time I fired it one handed it happen, and one didn't fire, but I pulled the trigger again and it did, was Wolf ammo. The ammo i used was,

Wolf 115 gr steel case
Winchester White box 115 gr
Federal Champion 115 gr
Blazer Brass 115 gr
Magtech 115 gr
Speer Lawman 115 gr
American Eagle 124 gr
Federal Classic 115 gr Hi-Shok JHP
federal Premium Tactical 124 gr Hydrp-Shok JHP

I shot most with the Winchester, Federal, and Speer, but tried a little of what I had. Only issuse I'm having is with the sights, shooting left and low, I kept adjusting the rear up and couldn't figure why it wasen't raising, till I notice that there only 5 clicks of adjusting till it cams over, still need to check this.
Also I was holding a 6 o'clock position, but read on here that I should be holding for POI.

I check my trigger pull and it is SA 3.5 lbs and DA 6.5 lbs is the SA a little lite for this pistol?
I bought this pistol because I wanted a slim 9mm to carry, I have 2 CZ-75, and a M & P C. I'm real happy with the gun, I will countine to shoot and check out the sights. Now I need to find or make a IWB holster.

Rick

·
Premium Member
16,956 Posts
My PT shoots to POA or even a little lower, benched it off shot bags at the range and yup that where it shoots a tad low....

1.1 USA.gif

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Welcome from New Mexico. One of our vendors Tommy Theis makes really nice holsters that are very affordable.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Welcome from Fort Worth, Texas where the West Begins..

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Welcome to TaurusArmed.net, and congratulations on your acquisition of the PT709 Slim!

·
Registered
13 Posts
My pt 709

I just got my pt 709........ wow I love it accurate very easy recoil extended clip would be nice though. I do shoot it well and cannot get over the light wieght of the pistol. My new conceal carry especially for the summer time.

ps. Love my pt 145/ pt 140 both fantastic firearms all are great conceal carry thankyou Taurus

·
Registered
194 Posts
Purshased the firearm Monday, and have shoot 200 rounds thru it. I clean it first before shooting. I had one FTE, which I blame on my self, the first time I fired it one handed it happen, and one didn't fire, but I pulled the trigger again and it did, was Wolf ammo. The ammo i used was,

Wolf 115 gr steel case
Winchester White box 115 gr
Federal Champion 115 gr
Blazer Brass 115 gr
Magtech 115 gr
Speer Lawman 115 gr
American Eagle 124 gr
Federal Classic 115 gr Hi-Shok JHP
federal Premium Tactical 124 gr Hydrp-Shok JHP

I shot most with the Winchester, Federal, and Speer, but tried a little of what I had. Only issuse I'm having is with the sights, shooting left and low, I kept adjusting the rear up and couldn't figure why it wasen't raising, till I notice that there only 5 clicks of adjusting till it cams over, still need to check this.
Also I was holding a 6 o'clock position, but read on here that I should be holding for POI.

I check my trigger pull and it is SA 3.5 lbs and DA 6.5 lbs is the SA a little lite for this pistol?
I bought this pistol because I wanted a slim 9mm to carry, I have 2 CZ-75, and a M & P C. I'm real happy with the gun, I will countine to shoot and check out the sights. Now I need to find or make a IWB holster.

Rick
First of all welcome to the forum and congratulations on your purchase of a quality pistol. I myself have PT709 and is my primary carry and I use a Wild Bill's Conceal Carry IWB Covert Carry holster. Here is the website. Good luck in your selection.
Wild Bill's Concealment | Holsters and Accessories for Concealed Carry

·
Registered
29 Posts
Welcome from North Central Ohio. My PT709 was my first Taurus...won't be my last! Congratulations...use the money you saved and buy lots of ammo.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Welcome and congrats on a good choice for concealed carry....i primary a pt740 and love it.... have just recieved a Remora IWB holster, and it amazes me, no clip, stays put, and inecpensive, also have a bonneville high ride belt slide from UBG Holsters, he makes some fine fine holsters and belts.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Congratulations on the 709. I love mine but still haven't gotten over the low left that I'm certain is me and not the gun. Have had other expert shooters fire my 709 and they hit POA. Still working on my problems, which I'm sure will be overcome.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts