Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have many pistols in my collection spanning from the mid 80s thru the present. I love to trade and haggle. Been awhile sence I had a Taurus. The very first simi auto I got from the lgs back in the 80s was a satin nickel PT92 with wood grip. A very good looking gun. Well as things are at some point it got traded for something a long time ago. From time to time I wanted another just for that old times feeling. Well 3 days ago a like new PT99 AF came up for trade. We worked out a deal and now I have a beautiful PT 99 brushed satin nickel gun. Really brings back memory’s. Anyhow, I forgot the difference in the feel of the early Taurus and the modern Beretta. I have to say the PT feels better in the grip than the Beretta. And this thing is a tack driver. Truth be told I got the PT to use as a trader down the road but now I think I’ll keep it. Someone who’s been in the gun game knows the truth about Taurus quality. Some are hit and miss but the PT is a solid gun. And I may be 53 now but when I pick up the PT it’s 1988 all over again! Let the good times roll even if it’s just for a little while. Don’t let anyone tell you the PT is not as good as the Beretta, I think the ergonomics are even better. And Beretta never made a satin brushed nickel finish that would make your mouth water. Taurus has some quality control issues but the PT isn’t one of them. Well............at least the old ones anyway.

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
PT92C here and it's my all time favorite.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts