Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Except for the markings on the slide,what are the mechanical differences between the pistols?
I'll be picking my 1st generation up next week and I'm a little worried from all the problems I've read about.
Will any of the parts from the different generations interchange?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you brad49201 for posting this,I've got to study this more as I'm going out soon for the day.What I thought was a 1st generation may not be at all.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey guys, just bought a new PT Millenium Pro today at budsgunshop.com for $318.00 delivered. I called Taurus USA and talked to their tech support and I was told they have been manafacturing 3rd generation only since 2005. I asked why they showed a DA/SA 145 on their website but yet all the stores and distributors showed DAO? He claimed they were all DA/SA since 2005 and everyone needs to update their stores and websites? :???: That being said, I purchased my new gun today and hope I receive the correct configuration. (Bud's didn't know the answer either) So, I now just have to wait for my FFL to provide the proper CL....so I can have my gun shipped to California and then wait my 10 days! BTW, what is a CL? Here is the link from Taurus, clearing showing the DA/SA action. http://www.taurususa.com/products/product-details.cfm?id=39&category=Pistol

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
i just got one 3 days ago.299.99 at acadamy.cant wait to shoot it.im to lazy to go look but i think mine has a rail.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Was just rereading some older post and noticed that Taurus told "fordtrbo " that they have been making the DA/SA since 2005 . When I talked to them, they told me that my PT145 was made in March 06. So I guess that makes my gun a DA/SA? I just can't tell any difference between the trigger feel no matter what I do and I really think my gun is DAO. I guess that there is a chance that Taurus is wrong?

·
Moderator Emeritus, with us always.
15,931 Posts
Nimble1 said:
Was just rereading some older post and noticed that Taurus told "fordtrbo " that they have been making the DA/SA since 2005 . When I talked to them, they told me that my PT145 was made in March 06. So I guess that makes my gun a DA/SA? I just can't tell any difference between the trigger feel no matter what I do and I really think my gun is DAO. I guess that there is a chance that Taurus is wrong?
If you are dry firing a Pro, with no ammo or without moving the slide to set the SA action, you are in DAO action. However if you rack the slide, the first trigger pull is SA. Thus the Mil Pro is SA/DA. You only get the DA when you have a failure to fire on the first SA trigger pull. That is if yours in a 3rd Gen.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Guys Don't know if you know it, but anyone who buys a Taurus firearm in 2008 gets a FREE membership to NRA. You have to go to the Taurus website and down at the bottom of the homepage is a coupon that you print out and mail in with you sales slip. What a deal.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I called Taurus and they said my PT145 was a fourth generaion. I have the 3 dot sights.
Terry

·
Registered
149 Posts
TnTut said:
I called Taurus and they said my PT145 was a fourth generaion. I have the 3 dot sights.
Terry
That's a new one for me, when did you buy it, do the sights have an name on them?

·
Registered
172 Posts
I thought the 24/7 series is what they might refer to as 4th Gen. :???:

·
Registered
55 Posts
I bought it June 07 and I tought is was a second generation but I looked at my receipt and realized that I bought it after the third gen had come out. At the gunshop where I bought it they didn't have one wth a black slide so they ordered me one and had it in a few days. The sights don't have any name or markings on them and that is why I thought it was a second gen.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts