Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have just purchased a 1994 model taurus pt 101af .40sw.
it came with the factory box, cleaning rod and 3 mags. it is pre security lock and has a plain dust cover, no rail.
it also has the lanyard loop on the bottom. its nice and tight , i dont think its been shot much.
does any body else have one of thease? i paid 400 for it. may be a lil hi but i wanted it pretty bad lol

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Hey diesel3,

Some of our folks may not know what a "1994 model Taurus PT101AF" pistol looks like.

Perhaps you'd care to post a couple of pics of that classic pistol, so they will be able to recognize one the next time they see one.

:icon_ poke: (nudge, nudge) :icon_ banana::icon_ rocker:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just as soon as i get my camera hooked up to my pc i promise! i have to have my brother hook it up as im computer illiterate
it is in exelent condition, i purchased it from a fireman in scott co kentucky. he got it new and shot it verry little. he said his wife made him sell it because it just sat in his closet and he never had time to use it. i have all the paperwork, box, owners manual, warranty card and all

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
went to the range today, in the rain lol.
the pt101 was dead on, i ran 100 rds win white box with no problems at all. its even a little more accurate than my beretta 96a1 was so call me a happy camper. ordering a new set of hogue grips for it tomorrow from midway usa 12 bucks im happy:D

·
Registered
14,099 Posts
went to the range today, in the rain lol.
the pt101 was dead on, i ran 100 rds win white box with no problems at all. its even a little more accurate than my beretta 96a1 was so call me a happy camper. ordering a new set of hogue grips for it tomorrow from midway usa 12 bucks im happy:D
You Big Ole Happy Camper You!!!!!! (you have been called)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nice, in stainless as well. i just put the exact same grips on both my pt92ss and my new to me pt101. much better than the plastic taurus originals:D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all
I just stopped into the forum to find out something about compatability on my PT101 and decieded to register so I could post as well as brows. I also have an old 101. I bought it in 1993 and only have about 500 rounds through it. All range reload junk ammo and even with that it shot flawlessy and hit 3", 10rd groups at 25 yards resting on a sand bag (my out streached arm isnt steady enough to do that but the gun can). My question is, do the new 16 rd mags fit/work in the old style guns that came with 11 round mags originally? A bit of trivia: When I bought the gun in 93 The big thing was "The new 3 position safety" LOL

Anyway I want to get back into shooting and would love to load up with 16 round mags if its possible
Thanks
Damien

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
I also have the PT101SS, purchased in '95 or '96. Don't remember exactly.
I would love to get my hands on some sixteen round mags, if indeed they do work!

I've also shot hundreds of reloads, including lead as well as jacketed rounds!

That PT101 is one of my very favorite pistols! Great shooter! ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts