Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this a while ago. Used to belong the the #2 Zagreb police department. Still had their property tag on it. For all intents and purposes, this was a brand new, unfired 38 year old rifle. Since I got it, I have had a match quality trigger job done, and found REALLY good ammunition it likes. I am keeping it all original, except for the "quick change" stock and gas tube/hand guard that allows a "scout" type scope installation. Here's a shot of the little honey before and then after the stock swap. It's a drop in and takes about 2 minutes to change:

Target shot at 100 yards with the iron sights...

200 yards with 4x magnification. I think I really like this rifle...and the dual personality is interesting!

·
Registered
24,898 Posts
Congrats on your new to you semi-auto.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The bore is like a mirror. The Yugo models do not have a chrome bore, but you'd be hard pressed to tell that looking! It was completely clean inside when I got it. not a speck of anything, anywhere. The trigger was creepy and very heavy. The trigger job turned it into a smooth 2 stage with a 4# break. I'm thinking it's getting broken in by now. I have about 400 rounds through it, and it's been very consistent over the last 100 or so.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Congrats'very nice!:cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts