Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked this up at a gun show this weekend for $90. It's in very good condition for a 75 year old rifle, no cosmo and very clean. I can't wait to get some range time in with it.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase PhillyShooter, would love to hear the range report after you've had an opportunity to run a few rounds through it. I owned one once but that was about 15 years ago.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Got an m-39 myself and it shoots good but they kick like an elecrocuted mule. I hear that they are okay but some of the gun gurus out there think they are unsafe to fire because of the bolt design. It has no way to vent hot gas safely if a shell ruptures. While an enfield action or a mauser has this designed in the piece, the Czar felt that the soldiers were cheap enough to replace. I always shoot mine with safety glasses on the 1 in a million chance of a shell rupture.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I just came back from my first trip to the range with it and damn, is my shoulder sore. I went through 40 rounds of Wolf ammo, I am quite pleased with this rifle, I hit the 10, 9 and 8 rings 17 out of 20 times at 50 yards and 13 out of 20 at 100. I must say for a 75 year old rifle without a scope it's very accurate and powerful. I don't know how often I'll actually be shooting this thing but, it'll be fun when I do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts