Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys (and gals) I have a question about 1911s mags. I'm trying to get my dad to get a 1911 .45. He wants complete G.I. style. But he hates how some mags protrude past the bottom. Like so:
My question is: Can you buy mags that don't come out the bottom like that. It is one of my dad's pet peeves. Thanks in advance, Csa1861.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I have a Colt mag that fits flush...

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Or buy military surplus mags you can find at gun shows. Most of them don't have that plastic base plate.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
There are more expensive mags, but I've had great experience with Joe's 1911 Mag Mania!
I have no connection to this vendor other than being a satisfied customer.

·
Administrator
41,076 Posts
Chip McCormick makes a mag called, the Shooting Star. It's probably their least expensive and reasonably priced. At least they were when I bought mine. Never a problem with them, they have been perfectly reliable.

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
My Sig C3 1911 came with mags that have that little plastic extension on them, however they can be removed by taking two screws out. I had picked up some extra Colt Defender magazine a while back, which don't have the extension on them and they fit my Sig perfect. However since the Sig C3 has a factory magwell either work fine.

·
Registered
37,357 Posts
Check out Metalform magazines!
they make flush fit mags!
also Colt offers them, which makes sense as how metalform makes Colt magazines.
so buy Colt or buy metalform at half the price.
also Springfield armory makes the same flush fit mags.
It may actually be harder to find a 1911 "true" G I than it is to find flush fit magazines?
Rock island Armory makes a G I model thtas pretty true, and Springfiled armory did, but they discontinued theirs about a year or so ago, now their bottom model is the Mil Spec which has a few extras like better 3 dot sights, lowered and flared ejection port.

Reactions: Csa1861

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts