Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since the tragic loss of my firearms in those raging white water rapids of the Rio Grande in Albuquerque (reference http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/firing-line/92106-do-you-have-handgun-available-6.html#post1230688 for the tragic details) I have had a growing desire for a 1911. I really enjoy my Makarov DA/SA...uh, I mean, enjoyed my Makarov, past tense, yes. Anyway, I came up with a question and wondered if someone here knows the answer:

Does anyone make a 1911 lookalike that operates in double-action/single-action?

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Colt made one, called the Double Eagle. I think Para Ordnance is making one.

·
Registered
37,357 Posts
as mentioned by the previous posters!
I think para is the only one still prducing a D/A 1911 from their list?
Colt didn't seem to have a lot of sucess with their efforts!
Doesn't STI make a D/A 1911?

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Don't think STI made a 1911 in DA/SA. They do (or did) offer a DA/SA pistol called the GP6.

·
Registered
5,608 Posts
Have you looked at PT-945? They can still be found. Or even an PT-845 for poly frame.(there are 40 and 9mm available also)

Not happy with that- then look at Sigs 220, 226, 229, and CZ's guns, and of course in poly frame FN's 45, or 9mm too.

·
Registered
37,357 Posts
Para USA Companion Review This is more a double action only but really from what I've heard it's a very smooth light double action
Good point!
It is a DAO gun. and actually the LDA stands for exactly what you mentioned -Light Double Action if i remember right.

·
Administrator
18,650 Posts
Not a 1911, but similar in profile and have Frame Mounted Safeties that can be used "Cocked and Locked" like a 1911.

From Left to Right
EAA Witness .45 (1992)
EAA Witness .45 (2004)
SAR K2-45

Magazine Capacity for the .45 Witnesses is 10 rounds, the SAR K2-45 is 14 rounds.
The SAR K2-45 does have a fairly larger grip, so is not the Pistol for those with small to medium size hands.

The Blued 1992 .45 Witness has some 18,000 rounds thru it and still serves me very well.

·
Registered
37,357 Posts
Heck might as well help JWC out seeing as how he has opened the door!
These are the ODD couple! a 38 Super and a 10 MM, both SA/DA and both high capacity, and shoot like a dream.
These are the wonder finish.
Darned near bought a competition model just the other day, fortunately it was a 9 MM so not problem turning my back on that one.
Nothing against the 9MM , just not in this weapon.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts