Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the difference between the "A" mod. and "B" mod's? I can't see much on the Taurus web-site.

Thanks,
Dave

So my son is going to be 21 soon, he loves 1911's and I love Taurus, so I am thinking about getting him one for his birthday.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awwww.... Shucks......I'm just a old softy when it comes to my only......:biggrin:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And thanks....I think I'm gone have to go look and see which one looks the best.....I do like the rail though. I know it's really not "true" 1911 but it does make it seem more modern.

Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
What is the difference between the "A" mod. and "B" mod's? I can't see much on the Taurus web-site.

Thanks,
Dave

So my son is going to be 21 soon, he loves 1911's and I love Taurus, so I am thinking about getting him one for his birthday.
I'm doing the exact same thing. My son turns 21 in June. I already have his PT1911 in blue. He has shot it, but doesn't know its his. I liked it so well I went and got one in SS. Can't go wrong with a 1911. I own a few handguns and the 1911s are my favorites (except for the cost of 45 acp).

·
Registered
42 Posts
get him one in 9mm unless of course you reload 45acp,
won't cost him as much to shoot it.

·
Registered
36,663 Posts
And thanks....I think I'm gone have to go look and see which one looks the best.....I do like the rail though. I know it's really not "true" 1911 but it does make it seem more modern.
Thanks,
Dave
well Blackspyder has it correct i do believe!
here is the 4 finishes that Tauurs offers or offered, none with rails, i simply don't do rails on a 1911.
in the three picture from top to bottom is the AL- Aluminum Frame, B model- blue, and the duo tone-stainless slide/ blue frame.
the single picture is the stainless steel pt1911.
hope that helps some.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So, I bet it was like mine most of the time.........Thanks dad......and U don't see them for several days,,,,,,,till they needs something again......:eek:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Any-way Thanks A-Bunch for the answers.... I think I'm going for the SS with rail........

Dave

·
Registered
9,194 Posts
I was hoping my family would pool some money together and buy me a gun for christmas. Needless to say i got a Steelers blanket and a "Merry Christmas" this year, so my presents come out of my pocket.

·
Registered
36,663 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,624 Posts

Thanks,
Dave

Dad is that you dad I only know that my Dads first name is Dave could it be after all these years :) I'm your long lost son Rick, Remember that cute red head at the bar :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts