Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering how often y'all do a detail strip/clean on the pt 1911. Today, I done the third one on my pistol.
The first one was done when i got the pistol.
The second was done after about 1000 jacketed rounds, 500 being reloads ( don't really think that one was necessary except for the extractor).
The third was done today after about 1000 reloads of lswc's fired by bullseye and unique. The parts on the inside of the frame had a fair amount of residue, but did not look like there was any danger of the sear/disconnet/safety becoming unsafe or becoming gummed up. The firing pin channel had some grit that needed to be removed. The extractor channel was filthy and took what seemed like forever to clean (but it was still running like a champ).

Does anyone have a set maintenance schedule on their 1911, or just do the upkeep when you get the time or when a problem pops its ugly head up?

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I have only done it once and that was at 1500 rounds. Go to m1911.org. they have a maintenance thread, that is what I did.

·
TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
6,541 Posts
I usually take mine apart and clean it after every shooting session. It's really not that difficult to take the rest of it apart once you get the slide off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts