Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which model 1911 is the taurus 1911 modeled after. Commander or Government. Mainly cause I look for parts so I'd like to know which parts fit my 1911. I'm looking for a conversion kit for .22. I have decided on the Ciener kit. Is there any negative aspect from using this conversion kit. From what I've heard everyone has been happy with it. Also which ammo feeds well through this kit. I've heard only high power mentioned but I was wondering if all .22LR ammo ran through it well.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
A Government model 5" barrel. A commander has a 4" barrel.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Some have suggest purchasing the item through Brownell's or Midway since they will communicate with you. The company itself has no phone number, no email, no fax... send money and suddently the slide returns. Heaven forbid that you need customer service, you will need these larger companies for such assisstance.

Let us know about your success... many of us are curious.

·
Administrator
35,733 Posts
Commanders have the shorter barrel. The Govt model is the longer barrel/slide config. I've read that on many commander models, there are inherent problems with them....but I've never owned one, so again thats just what I've read.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all for the replies. I ordered through Midway since they had it in stock. I figured it be fun and inexpensive to just shoot a ton of 22s and also the girlfriend can now enjoy the 1911.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts